London, England, United Kingdom
London, England, United Kingdom
Skills: Environmental Engineer
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Our Water & Environment group provides a focus for advising our clients on environmental management and sustainability issues including low carbon / circular economies, waste/resource management and environmental audit and compliance Our Europe, Middle East & Africa environmental capability comprises in excess of 1200 staff based predominantly in the UK, but with teams also in Ireland, Poland, Germany, France, Italy, India and the Middle East.
About the opportunity
Initially this opportunity will be focused in the UK (with one of Jacobs main UK offices as a base office but with a potential need to be present in client or project offices on a regular basis). The role at Senior / Principal level, depending on proven ability and capability, will involve management and delivery of sustainability design and construction rating schemes (primarily CEEQUAL and BREEAM) at both project and programme level. The successful person will join our team of experienced and respected sustainability professionals, specialising in sustainability management and assessment for some of the UK's largest infrastructure programmes. Our current project portfolio includes sustainability management roles for high profile projects and programmes across a range of sectors including rail, airports, water and highways.
The successful person will be able to demonstrate capability, knowledge and experience in effective and active management of sustainability within large construction programmes or projects. They will also have excellent communication skills and the ability to accurately and efficiently assess project documents against BREEAM and CEEQUAL standards. Key responsibilities will include:
- Supporting/ leading sustainability management and sustainability certification management on major infrastructure programmes.
- Preparing BREEAM and CEEQUAL pre-assessments, strategies, specifications and reports.
- Assessment of evidence to CEEQUAL/BREEAM standards.
- Preparing and delivering sustainability review and assurance meetings with clients, design teams and construction teams.
- Undergraduate or Postgraduate degree in one or more of the following subjects: Sustainability, Environmental Management, Geography, Engineering.
- Knowledge of effective and efficient practices for monitoring and managing the sustainability performance of contractors against detailed requirements in a construction environment.
- Ability to accurately and efficiently assess project plans, designs and specification against BREEAM or CEEQUAL assessment criteria.
- Ability to prepare detailed sustainable design and construction specification documents based on BREEAM or CEEQUAL assessment criteria.
- Knowledge of the benefits, costs and technical content of recognised 3rd party certified sustainable design and construction rating schemes such as BREEAM, CEEQUAL or LEED.
- Awareness of commercial issues relevant to delivery of sustainability management and assessment.
- Willingness to support wider business needs as required.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team, liaising directly with clients, colleagues and other project team members.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent literacy, communication, analytical and numeracy skills.
- Experience and demonstrated ability of managing delivery of sustainability objectives and requirements on large construction projects or programmes.
- Post-graduate experience of providing sustainable design and construction certification (BREEAM or CEEQUAL) assessment and advice.
- Current qualification/ accreditation in at least one of the following:
- BREEAM New Construction (UK or International).
- CEEQUAL v6
We clear the way for inventive thinking, so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We're invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we're more connected, and if we are diverse, we're more creative.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.co.uk to view and access our roles.
As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
If you have any queries regarding the application process, please contact the team here .
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.