United States of America - California, Santa MariaJob Summary
AECOM has a position available for a Decarbonization and Sustainability Consultant located in Santa Maria, CA, or any other AECOM office in the United States. In this role you would be joining our expanding practice and help deliver on current projects, future pursuits and other industry and business development opportunities.
The successful candidate will support AECOM's decarbonization and sustainability practice in areas including, but not limited to: Sustainability planning and program development, carbon management and greenhouse gas reduction strategies, environmental justice, performance indicator and metrics development, stakeholder engagement, technical advisory, and project management.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, those listed below:
- Lead and support project teams, network with colleagues, and engage external project opportunities
- Manage projects including development of creative approaches through written and graphic communication, and budget and schedule to meet requirements.
- Compile environmental, social, and economic data, organizing information in spreadsheets, software and other means
- Research climate change mitigation and sustainability topics, including industry, market, and regulatory drivers, as well as stakeholder concerns and incorporate findings into projects and client briefings
- Exhibit a depth of understanding of local, regional, and national policies and guidance related to climate science and climate change planning
- Act as a specialist in the climate change arena, including having a solid understanding of the current state of the science including a working knowledge of the latest The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) reports
- Greenhouse gas or carbon inventory and forecasting development using relevant protocols (e.g. USEPA, local regulators, WRI/ WBCSD, ISO)
- Support organizations in establishing environmental, social, governance (ESG), sustainability, or carbon neutrality strategies including reporting and disclosures using industry recognized standards (e.g. GRI, SASB, TCFD, IIRC, CDP, SBTi)
- Work within the practice and other AECOM discipline groups (e.g., information systems, engineering, planning) to incorporate findings and ensure sustainability is adequately integrated into project delivery
At AECOM, we believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it's improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
We take on the most complex challenges and pioneer innovative, iconic solutions that push the limits of what's possible - the world's longest cable-stayed bridge, record-breaking sports events, the largest greenfield port development mega project, life-sustaining disaster recovery programs, and the tallest tower in the Western Hemisphere.
On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, energy and the environment, we deliver professional services throughout the project lifecycle.
We are proud to be recognized for excellence:
- Named one of Fortune magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies" for the sixth consecutive year
- Ranked #1 in Engineering News-Record 's 2020 "Top 200 Environmental Firms"
- Ranked #1 in Transportation and General Building in Engineering News-Record 's 2020 "Top 500 Design Firms"
- VIQTORY 2020 Military Friendly® Gold Employer
AECOM is the leading, worldwide environmental services provider to industry and government - delivering sustainable energy and environmental solutions to meet compliance, business and operational needs. Our advisory and technical staff deliver specialized solutions to unusual and complex problems facing client projects across the full business life cycle - from asset planning, development and operations, to product integration and facility compliance, to site remediation, restoration, sustainability and reuse, and holistic strategies that improve and modernize next generation energy infrastructure. Our solutions balance complex technical, regulatory, business and stakeholder issues to produce measurable value and cost-saving approaches for our clients
Our services are delivered by 7,400 responsive environmental professionals around the world. Our global staff has in-depth knowledge of local and regional requirements and broad technical expertise in 60 disciplines. We work together across our global network to bring the best resources, skills and efficiencies to our projects.Minimum Requirements
- BA/BS degree or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education
- 6+ years of experience to include one or more of the following:
- climate change/sustainability planning or management,
- environmental management or auditing, climate policy and regulation
- management and technical leadership experience on decarbonization, climate change, or sustainability projects or developing/managing relevant programs.
- Some occasional travel may be required
- Pre-employment motor vehicle driving record verification will be conducted
What We Offer
- Bachelors degree preferred in Environmental Science, Sustainability, or relevant field (e.g., resource economics, architecture, engineering, public policy)
- Masters Degree is desired coupled with relevant experience (Degree relevance may include the following - e.g., resource economics, architecture, engineering, public policy)
- 8+ years of experience is preferred in climate change/sustainability planning or management, environmental management or auditing, climate policy or regulation
- PMP certification desired
- Direct experience with at least two greenhouse gas inventory protocol or standard (e.g. USEPA, local regulators, WRI/ WBCSD, ISO, industry recognized standards not listed can be considered)
- Direct experience with at least three reporting and disclosure guidelines or standards (e.g. GRI, SASB, TCFD, IIRC, CDP, SBTi, industry recognized standards not listed can be considered)
- Direct project experience with at least one of the following:
- Life-cycle assessments with Simapro, GaBi, GREET, CA-GREET, or equivalent
- Accreditation or certification with sustainability assessment systems such as LEED, Envision, and SITES
- Circular Economy, waste management recycling/reuse, product end of life, right to repair, and procurement optimization
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.Job Category
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)Country
United States of AmericaPosition Status
US - Austin, TX - 1925 Red River Street, US - Boston, MA - One Federal St, US - Denver, CO - 7595 East Technology Way, US - Oakland, CA - 8201 Edgewater Drive Suite 202, US - Portland, OR - 111 SW Columbia Street, US - Raleigh, NC - 701 Corporate Center DrVirtual:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.