Engie are looking for a Quantity Surveyor to join our team in Hatfield and the surrounding areas. You will be confident when running your own project. You will also have strong experience in social housing and refurbishment. Does this sound like something you would be interested in? We would love to hear from you! Who are you?
What is your day to day?
- 2 years post graduate experience within a surveying position reporting to either a senior surveyor or a commercial manager
- Degree in Surveying
- Refurbishments experience
- Social Housing experience
- Fire Safety projects
- Cladding and EWI
Who are we?
- Management and control of subcontract orders, accounts and variation accounts in line with the main contract and sub-contract data base
- Post-tender internal and external pricing analysis/assessment for sign-off whilst ensuring within budget
- Conduct contract risk and opportunity assessment to identify these areas and plan for them accordingly to ensure pricing remains on budget without undermining Health and Safety.
- Manage subcontractor and professional services selection for new schemes, ensure the chosen contractor has the appropriate order and information to carry out their work, and helping to prepare procurement schedules liaising with legal counsel as required regarding contractual information (collateral warranties, PCG's, etc)
- Completing a monthly cost / valuation report and cash flow for the designated projects.
- Commercial reporting / CVRs completed independently to be submitted for MQS approval
- Logical and auditable preparation of relevant documentation for valuation, procurement and commercial administration
- Manage monthly applications and sub-contractor accounts in line with legal obligations.
- Management of the day to day cost control expenditure, monitoring, and reporting; reconciling cost/value reports and profit forecasts
- Review of sub-contractor accounts and measure progress manage valuations, submission of application for payments, final accounts, and retention release
- Manage receipt of payment in a timely manner to ensure timely cash flow management for the Client and the group, and the supply chain
- Manage contractual correspondence in regard to delays, non-conformance, etc
- Compile valuations to prepare internal valuations to determine accurate cost reports
- Finalisation of all QS documentation (i.e. client invoices) within deadlines ahead of MQS approval to ensure the business doesn't occur any late payments
ENGIE employs 17,000 people in the UK and over 160,000 worldwide, achieving revenues of €60.6 billion in 2018 What's in it for you?
This is a full time, permanent position. On offer is a competitive salary and package. What next?
If this role is of interest to you, please click below to apply! A member of our Resourcing Team will review your application and be in touch.
For more information about ENGIE, please visit:
For this role, you must have evidence of the right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community. Certain roles may require applicants to undergo a Disclosure check, as noted in the role requirements. ENGIE has a written policy on the recruitment of ex-offenders, which is made available to all DBS applicants upon request. A copy of the DBS code of practice can be found here .
The ENGIE Resourcing Team supports this job advert. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.
- Posting Date: Mar 25, 2021