Skills: Pipeline Engineering
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Greater London, United Kingdom
Position: Lead Subsea Pipeline Engineer
Type: PAYE Basis - Contract
Specific Key Responsibilities & Activities
- Coordinate pipeline engineering support to the execution of projects and tenders in line with defined budget and schedule
- Provide specialist skills in key areas of subsea pipeline engineering, including design codes, legislative requirements and current good engineering practice
- Produce and check deliverables, which may include: design calculations, procedures, analyses, progress reports, bid evaluations, study reports and various third-party submissions
- Provide mechanical and integrity calculations for offshore pipelines using DNV Tools, Abaqus or similar software
- Liaise with associated subsea related disciplines and understand the interfaces within a project
- Provide pipeline engineering assistance during occasional periods of offshore or site working
- Provide pipeline engineering support to Business Acquisition and FEED study execution
- Train / mentor junior and Graduate engineers
- Actively participate in relevant training to pursue continuing professional development
Essential Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- Professional qualifications - Degree qualified or above
- Ability to prioritise, organise and deliver work to deadlines set by management
- Presents self in a professional manner appropriate to the role
- Produces work of presentable quality
- Able to provide analysis support for projects using analysis packages
Desirable Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- MSc or PHD in STEM subject
- Membership to a relevant Professional body
- Engineering experience within the Subsea industry
- Experience in SIMLA, AGA etc. industry approved software
- Experience in ABAQUS for advanced pipeline design and analysis
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.