ROV Intervention Engineer Location:
Contract - PAYE Basis
Our client is looking for a Project Remote Intervention Engineer to join the Engineering team based in London
Reporting functionally to the ROV & diving engineering group manager and operationally to the Project Technical Manager or Tender Technical Manager, the Project Remote Intervention engineer will provide ROV expertise to the FEEDs, Tenders and Projects being run from the offices.
She / he will be the focal point for ROV intervention scope with other disciplines & departments.
She / he will be responsible of the timely delivery of all the necessary specific technical documents associated to the ROV intervention scopes.
She / he will be responsible for the selection, preparation and readiness of the necessary ROV tools required for the offshore campaigns.
She / he may support on site operations. SPECIFIC KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Promote safety behaviour and safety in design.
- Promote team Spirit within the project team
- Contribute to project Engineering reviews on all subjects associated to (or at the interface with), the ROV scope.
Within the scope he/she is allocated to:
CAPABILITY PROFILE - KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND BEHAVIOURS
- In charge of Structure design review for ROV access
- Responsible for technical proposal and evaluation of solutions for the projects
- Deliver project specific ROV engineering documents (such as Tie-I Procedure, ROV Access report using 3D software, ROV Tool and Task Matrix...).
- Deliver project specific SIT requirements.
- Deliver project specific technical scope of work for ROV services (3 rd party).
- Prepare and follow-up of Master Document Register and Subcontractor Document Register within project.
- Responsible for Technical appraisal and follow-up of sub-contractors
- Deliver specification and requisitions for the design and /or selection of all consumable, tools, installation aids required for the execution of the ROV scope of work.
- Participate and coordinate SIT, specific trials and offshore/onshore operations, as required
- Supervise the implementation, revision, follow up of the overall equipment mobilisation lists.
- Responsible for the Technical interface:
- With the Client and Third-parties. This includes clear definition of responsibilities when activities are planned on-board third parties vessel or platforms.
- With Other disciplines, operation department. This includes the identification and reporting to Project Management of any gaps that may impact the correct execution of the scope of work.
- With I- other offices for internal renting tooling. This include Tool and task matrix, tooling upgrade, mobilisation, demobilisation, repair follow-up).
- ROV tooling development
- With OSS for Diverless connection in Alliance contract.
- Deliver Interface and responsibility matrix.
- Assist for the preparation and follow-up project changes and variation orders
- Prepare feedback summary, reports on project
- Attend to project and discipline meeting
- Responsible for the issuance of the operation reports and associated lesson learns.
- Technical skill in in most of the below:
- ROV Tooling.
- Subsea installation
- Diverless connection system (e.g. Diverless connectors, MQC plate, cobra head...)
- ROV Operation including ROV limitation, ROV performance, manipulator performance and limitation.
- Knowledge in survey scope.
- Knowledge in pre-comm.
- ROV hydraulic interface including hydraulic power restriction, hydraulic fitting interface.
- ROV Electric interface, including connector type and restriction
- Offshore experiences
- Managerial experience in above scope.
- Experiences in interface management and process.
- Experiences in tendering process
- Site / offshore scope management
- Added values
- Knowledge in diving scope
- Knowledge in R&D process
- Majority of the work is carried out in the Home office site.
- Requirement for some international travel.
- Offshore/Off-site location during project execution phases as required.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.