Skills: Process Engineer
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Wood is leading some of the world's most technically challenging mining and minerals projects across a range of commodities, including the new wave of battery metal opportunities. Based on current and upcoming study and project opportunities within our Mining & Minerals business, we are seeking suitably qualified Process Engineers to be involved in a range of unique and technically challenging projects. You will join likeminded, agile industry peers who are highly qualified, experienced and recognised industry innovators to create new possibilities.
As a Process Engineer you will:
- Deliver best practice process designs in accordance with project, time, budget and technical requirements
- Develop innovative solutions to complex process and technical problems for a wide range of commodities
- Assist in the planning, execution and analysis of metallurgical testwork programs
- P r epare process deliverables such as process design criteria, process flow diagrams, mass and energy balances, equipment sizing, piping and instrumentation diagrams, process control philosophies, and operating cost estimate
- Actively p articipate in HAZID/HAZOP studies and design reviews
- Provide technical support to other engineering disciplines or other departments as required
- Undertake site visits to support study and project work requirements
Working in a collegiate team culture from our centrally located Perth CBD offices, you will also enjoy free 24/7 access to an exclusive onsite gym and superb end of trip facilities to ensure you make the most of Western Australia's lifestyle.
Skills / Qualifications
Due to a range of study and project opportunities, we are looking for Process Engineers with a range of skills and experience. As an engineer with qualifications in Chemical Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering, or another related field from a recognised institution, you will have:
- A minimum of four (4) years' experience in the mining and minerals processing industry
- Relevant process plant operational experience and technical knowledge of process plant design
- Flexible, adaptable and open minded
- Good organisational, i nterpersonal and communication skills
- S trong analytical, literacy and numeracy skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently or as part of a multidisciplinary team
- W ell-developed computer skills and knowledge of databases, spreadsheets and engineering programs
- Experience with metallurgical balancing and simulation software such as SysCAD and/or METSIM would be highly regarded
Candidates must have full work rights in Australia to be considered for this role.
If you are a suitably qualified Process Engineer looking for a career opportunity without peer, we encourage you to apply.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.