Commercial ManagerAre you a Commercial Manager looking for a new opportunity?Are you passionate about building relationships and ensuring customer success?Join our Team!
Nexus Controls, a Baker Hughes business has over a Century of successfully delivering intelligent control solutions and technologies. We provide customers with the peace of mind needed to reliably and efficiently improve their operations. Our business development team provides an essential partnership between the needs of the market and the innovative capability of the leaders in Power, Industrial Controls and Energy Technology.Play a pivotal role in our business
As Commercial Manager, you will provide primary interface with Customer, and External Sales on all ITO transactions for custom controls upgrade Projects. This includes: Proposals, Technical studies, Negotiating Commercial Terms & Conditions, Cost estimates and formal bid development through the full proposal process.As a Commercial Manager, you will be responsible for:
Fuel your passionTo be successful in this role you will:
- Leading and mobilizing multifunctional Nexus Controls support team to implement transaction strategy ,engineering, manufacturing, legal, project management, P&Ls
- Reviewing customer requirements, understanding risk, creating mitigation plans and customer budget to maximize added value
- Identifying and building long-term strategic relationships with key customers to develop winning opportunities and long-term strategies
- Supporting the commercial organization through up-selling, deal closing and new opportunity discussions with customers
- Managing the ITO/OTR hand-over to local service team to provide guidance during the execution when required
- Ensuring a continuous improvement and incorporation of best-practices during the proposal phase through championing profitability and growth
- Contributing to individual deal strategies to drive both price and efficiency/hit rate.
- Managing customer specification review, proposal development, contract development and negotiations, including equipment sales and service agreements.
Work in a way that works for you
- Have a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
- Minimum 5 years experience of commercial, field sales or contractual experience.
- Be able to travel 15% of the time as required for short customer meetings and opportunity development.
- Be able to shape and successfully execute complex projects
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
Working with us
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit in everything in and work when you are the most productive
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!
The pay range for this role will be: $80K - 130K USD
You will be eligible to participate in the Baker Hughes Fullstream Short-term incentive program applicable for the above position. The actual payout for your short-term incentive award will be based on company and individual performance and is contingent upon Baker Hughes achieving pre-determined financial results.
You will be eligible to participate in Company-sponsored benefit programs, including health & welfare programs and the Thrift Plan (401k). You will have a choice of coverage options that best suit your needs. Coverage options and contribution amounts are related to your benefit elections, base salary level and specific requirements of each of these plans. About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.