Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
Wood is searching for a Mechanic A/B with extensive offshore experience in the oil and gas industry on a production platform.
Work schedule of 14x14 with a work terminal out of Houma, LA
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required.
• Operates, tests, maintains, repairs and record keeps required data on all safety shutdown systems and devices in accordance with BSEE regulations and approved facility permit safe chart. This includes such devices as control valves, actuators, sensors, pilots, pressures, and temperature or level controllers. In addition, must maintain facility safety equipment, which includes firefighting equipment, emergency supplies, survival capsules, navigational aids, and alarm systems in accordance with BSEE and USCG regulations.
• Operation and maintenance of all rotating equipment such as compressors, generators, platform cranes, pumps, winches, etc. in accordance with the manufacturer's recommendations. Monitor control panels, shutdown devices, liquid levels, flow rates, temperatures, etc. to keep them within the designed operating range.
• Inspect, troubleshoot and repair platform mechanical equipment according to applicable company requirements and OEM specifications. This includes, but is not limited to, reciprocating compressors, gas and diesel engines and generators and pumps.
• Repair and replace seals and properly align shafts in various types of pumps including, but not limited to, centrifugal, water, chemical or crude oil pumps; submersible pumps and injection pumps.
• Check and set mechanical clearances to comply with OEM specified tolerances using dial test indicators, feeler gauges micrometers, calipers, strain gauges, deflection gauge, etc...
• Perform all preventative maintenance in accordance with applicable company procedures.
• Record all maintained data in proper logs or maintenance records.
• Monitor operating parameters on equipment; make adjustments, report unusual conditions to platform supervisor.
• Additional duties per Supervisor.
Skills / Qualifications
Required: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); 2-4 years of offshore mechanic on a production platform experience required
Preferred: Associate's degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; ; 5+ years offshore experience on a deepwater production platform preferred.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.