Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Wood has an exciting opportunity for a Geochemist who is ready to advance his/her career.
With offices thoughout BC and Canada, the successful candidate will work (in office and remote) with a high performance team of Hydrogeologists, G eochemists, Hydrotechnical and Geotechnical engineers who continually work to deliver leading mine water solutions to our clients.
As a growth and development oriented team, we provide a positive entrepreneurial environment in which to work on challenging projects and continue your professional growth.
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelors or Graduate degree in an applicable field (e.g. hydrogeology, geochemistry, geology, earth sciences)
- Minimum of 5 years' experience, preferably within an environmental consulting firm or mining company
- Eligibility for Professional accreditation (P.Geo, P.Eng. etc.) within BC
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with acid rock drainage/ metal leaching and mine waste geochemistry assessment.
- Thorough understanding of redox chemistry in various hydrogeological settings
- Understanding of passive and/or active water treatment technologies for various contaminants related to mining or contaminated sites
- Experience with deriving geochemical source terms for mine waste facilities
- Demonstrated experience with hydro/geochemical sampling design, water and rock sample collection, and analytical methods for mine waste geochemistry analysis
- Understanding of reactive transport and fate of contaminants in porous and bedrock groundwater systems
- Familiarity with industry-standard software packages (e.g., GoldSim, PhreeqC, CE-QUAL-W2, and Geochemist's Workbench) would be an asset
- Strong database management skills in Excel or other database software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary environment
- Demonstrated Task and Project Management skills are an asset
- Willingness to travel for field assignments (approximately 10-20% of time)
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.