Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Skills: CAD / CAM, Design Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Wood Resilient Environments (Wood) is seeking an Intermediate / Senior CAD Technologist / Designer to join our Alberta Geotechnical CAD team in Edmonton and support projects throughout Alberta. The majority of our workload is in the areas of tailings dams and waste dumps in the mining industry, transportation and infrastructure, heavy foundations, pipelines and geotechnical hazards, and slope stability.
The successful candidate will be an energetic, self-motivated professional with experience in drawing preparation from conceptual details to layout drawings and construction drawings for a variety of civil, geotechnical, and environmental projects. Ideally, the successful candidate should have a minimum of 5 years of experience - and will possess a thorough understanding of AutoCAD and Civil 3D.
Some of the key projects/tasks may include:
- Preparing design and construction drawings for earthworks and foundations including site preparation, general grading, final grading and surface drainage, ditches, ponds, dams, embankments, foundation elements, and stabilization measures using AutoCAD and Civil 3D programs, in accordance with project CAD standards
- Supporting design of engineered covers and final landscape for tailings pond closure and reclamation
- Processing the topographic data (from LiDAR, satellite, ground surveys, etc.) for use on the projects, and georeferencing the survey data
- Working closely with engineers and project managers in preparation of document and drawing packages, report figures, design concepts, and technical specifications
- Creation of 3D models using Civil 3D
- Providing support to project engineers with report preparation and technical presentations
Skills / Qualifications
- Engineering Design & Drafting Technology diploma from a recognized community college
- Minimum 5 years' experience in Civil Design and drafting
- High level of expertise in AutoCAD Civil 3D is required
- Experience with civil and/or earthwork construction drawings
- Good organizational, technical, writing, communication and computer skills
- Ability to follow directions and communicate effectively in a team environment
- Ability to handle challenges and work under tight deadlines
- Familiarity with one or more of the following civil design and general software:
- Adobe Standard
- Autodesk Design Review
- Global Mapper
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.