Skills: Risk Management, Safety Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Mold, Wales, United Kingdom
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood are looking for a contractor to provide Safety & Risk Engineering services on a current project based in North Wales. The role will be working remotely initially but may move back to the Northop office.
Services to be provided
The provision and coordination of effective safety advice, support and information to the LBA Operating Team; ensuring compliance with applicable UK regulations and company-wide HSE Policies and MSG Standards.
The post will primarily focus on the technical rather than operational aspects of safety.
- Consulting on UK HSE regulations, legal requirements and best practice with regard to Major Accident Hazards prevention
- Technical ownership of LBA Safety Case, COMAH Report and related safety studies (QRA, FERA, HAZID, HAZOPs)
- Developing and maintaining the LBA Assets High Level Risk Register
- Facilitating Risk Assessments for process and other modifications requiring detailed analysis
- Consulting on HAZIDs, HAZOPs, What-If analyses, Operation Risk Assessment
- Maintain the Operations Safety Case, the COMAH Report and the Bow Tie of the asset
- Advise LBA departments on HSE management matters
- Support implementation of HSE Management Policy, systems and other requirements
- Work closely with operational and technical personnel
Skills / Qualifications
Education & Professional Qualifications:
- Engineering or Science Degree
- Certified to work offshore (BOSIET/FOET, OGUK Medical)
Required Experience and Technical Competencies (relevant experience and technical skills):
- Working knowledge of UK HSE regulatory regime, HSE Regulations and UK legal standards with regard to Major Accident Hazards
- HSE experience in oil and gas
- Technical Proficiency - Process
- Risk management and risk assessment skills
- Technical proficiency and knowledge of Safety Case process and requirements
- Technical Proficiency in Documentation requirements
- Experience in HSE reporting systems
- Experience in Occupational and Process Safety Audits
- Accomplishment of all the Computer Based Training courses and Technical Training foreseen by the Company as part of the individual training and competence scheme consistently with HSE Training Matrix
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.