Skills: IT - Software Development, Subsea Engineering
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Galway, County Galway, Ireland
Wood is currently looking for a Software Developer to be based in our Galway office. We support clients in various industry sectors across a diverse profile of global energy projects. Our capabilities include design and operational support, engineering and design analysis, technical advisory services and the development of industry leading structural analysis software and visualisation tools and services. We are seeking talented software developers at either graduate level or with some basic experience for our Engineering Software team.
- Development of user interface software for Wood's range of offshore structural analysis software, including web-enabled applications
- Working as part of a team developing new and existing products within our range of offshore structural analysis software and custom software solutions
- Assisting in the verification, validation and documentation of new software features and updates
- Involvement in a global team delivering multi-disciplinary projects
- Participation in an Agile/SCRUM software development methodology
- Assisting in the provision of a timely and comprehensive technical support service to clients that are using Wood Subsea Engineering Software (both internal Wood clients and external clients)
What we can offer you...
- Technically challenging and interesting environment with multiple varied projects
- Structured training and continuous professional development, including achieving and renewing cloud developer certifications
- Highly experienced colleagues from whom you can learn and develop
- 9-day working fortnight, so you can enjoy long weekends regularly
- Flexible working arrangements
- Regular lunch 'n' learns on interesting topics
Skills / Qualifications
- Honours degree in computer science / computer studies or equivalent
- Some programming experience with any of the following:
- HTML and CSS
- .NET Core
- Visual Studio
- Ability to work autonomously when required, and to contribute to high-performing teams
- Experience with any of the following would also be beneficial:
- Using SCRUM methodology
- Experience with cloud development such as AWS
- Experience with Python and C++
- Database design/use such as Microsoft SQL Server
- Azure DevOps and Git
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.