Skills: Accounting, Budget / Cost Control, Cost Engineer
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Norwich, United Kingdom
Exciting opportunity for an experienced Cost Engineer to join our clients ongoing gas terminal project in Norfolk. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing cost control support in accordance with our clients project cost processes; to control and monitor project spend on Engineering, Procurement, Fabrication, Construction and Commissioning activities. This role reports direct into the Project Controls Team Leader.
This a contract position based in Norwich, working Monday to Friday.
Key responsibilities include:
• Prepare the Monthly Cost Report Template in accordance with the agreed budget (AFE).
• Prepare man-plan budget forecasts based on planning data (EVA).
• Prepare future procurement spend forecasts based on Procurement Status Report (PSR).
• Prepare Value of Work Done (VOWD) evaluation based on PSR and EVA.
• Process and administer Personnel Assignment Approval Forms (PAAF).
• Check, verify and approve Purchase Requisitions in SAP (PR).
• Assist in commercial bid evaluation (CBE).
• Check, verify and approve Invoices in the PUK Invoice system.
• Prepare actual manhour reports from SAGE.
• Extract actual and committed spend data from SAP and reconcile.
• Assist in accrual preparation and corrections with the Finance Department.
• Prepare a Monthly Project Cost Report (PCR) and review/agree with Project Management Team (PMT) in line with the Group Timetable.
• Prepare Monthly Cost Phasing in accordance with the AFE and PCR forecasts.
• Prepare a Monthly Cash Call / Regret Costs in line with the Group Timetable.
• Assist in the preparation of the Project Monthly Invoice to PUK external client.
• Assist in the processing of Project Change Notices (PCN).
• Assist the Project Management Team (PMT) with commercial support in claims/disputes.
• Prepare ad hoc cost data/reports/presentations for and to the PMT.
• Attend project meetings and discussions with the PMT and external clients.
Qualifications / Experience:
• Qualified accountant (ACCA/CIMA) / Projects Cost Control related training
• 3 - 5 years' experience in similar role
• Experience of working in an energy related industry and within an engineering/ construction team is essential.
• Good working knowledge of SAP and expert user in Excel
• Able to analyse a cost report, detect issues, and effectively communicate the project's cost performance, issues/concerns and recovery plans to the project team
• Demonstrate strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.