Company: NES Fircroft
Skills: Maintenance Technician
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Scotland, United Kingdom
Job Title: Off-Shore Commissioning Engineer's
Location: Aberdeen - Offshore
Duration: 3-6 weeks
The Off-Shore Commissioning Engineer will support the execution of Off-Shore Commissioning activities and ensure that all engineering activities are performed in accordance with our clients policies, contractual agreements, quality standards, health, safety & environment requirements, financial targets, as well as schedule commitments.
Skills & Experience of the Off-Shore Commissioning Engineer
• Experienced project engineer with 5+ years of track record of delivering complex projects.
• Experience in- 800xA, AC800M Engineering, AC400 Advant Master Engineering.
• Experience in hardware - Cabinet build, loop design.
• Knowledge in Common Software- Modbus Simulators, IEC simulators.
• Industrial Protocols- IEC61850, Modbus RTU/TCP, Profibus & Profinet.
• Industry Knowledge - Networking, Cyber Security, IOT, Industry 4.0, SCADA, PLC, Industrial protocol.
• Experience in OPC interfaces.
• Experience in other DCS/PLC & SCADA systems (Honeywell, Yokogawa, Siemens)
• The Off-Shore Commissioning Engineer will be self-reliant and able to make decisions under pressure
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Creative thinker and problem solver
• Safe and ethical attitude
The client is a leader within the Automation and Control Systems field with operations in 100 countries worldwide. They specialise in providing integrated solutions to the Transmission and Distribution and Oil & Gas industry with projects offshore and overseas.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
Advant, Safeguard & ability to follow Method Statements
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
• Good understanding of functional safety standards and project practices.
• Good knowledge of project management & planning tools.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.