Skills: Drilling Engineering
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Villahermosa, Mexico
About Mizamtec, service company that provides support to Eni Mexico.
We have been working in Mexico since 2006 and our wholly owned subsidiary, Eni Mexico S de RL de CV, was founded there in 2015. Eni Mexico is developing the Amoca, Mizton and Tecoalli discoveries in the shallow waters of the Gulf of Mexico. In 2015, we acquired Area 1, located 200 kilometres west of Ciudad del Carmen and at a depth of 33 metres, and in July 2019 we began production. An estimated 2.1 billion barrels of oil equivalent (boe) are in place (90% oil) in the Amoca, Mizton and Tecoalli fields.
Full field production will commence in early 2021 with the installation of a floating production, storage and offloading facility (FPSO). The Area will reach a daily plateau of 100,000 boe. We will also construct and install two additional platforms on the Amoca field and one on the Tecoalli field. As one of the first overseas energy companies to begin successful exploration and operations in Mexico, joining us means you could develop your career with a company applying deep knowledge, expertise and technological innovation to everything we do.
As a member of the Well Operations department at Mizamtec, you will be responsible for :
- Prepare well drilling procedures in timely and technical sound manner.
- Comply with Company rules, best practices, and operational and engineering policies.
- Prepare detailed work programs for the activities to be carried out (casing design, hydraulic program, etc.) and identification of materials and equipment required for its implementation.
- Ensure detailed procedures are agreed upon with Contractors involved in activity.
- Analyze well problems in order to understand causes and evolution; provide advice and detailed contingency program on most effective solutions and corrective actions.
- Provide for the modification and integration of work program if so dictated by contingent situations ensuring proper approval (internal and external) is granted.
- Liaise with Well Construction Manager on all aspects of well construction activities in particular for those aspects related to information/data acquisition and validation.
- Monitor the latest technological developments and initiate the application of promising ones to achieve targets in the best possible way.
- Monitor, analyze and provide cost data for budget and cost control purposes.
- Ensure that data and information from the well site are correct and consistent with operations ongoing in order to ensure that reliable database is built (performance, accident/down time/malfunctions and failures).
- Prepare reports and other documents in relation with planning, implementing and monitoring of activity progress and propose actions whenever margins for improvement are identified.
- Prepare end of well reports in cooperation with relevant Contractors and other Company's disciplines.
- Prepare PRs to order necessary materials and services for well testing, completions and WO.
- Provides assistance in tender evaluation and supplier and service company selection.
- Prepare the documentation to apply for dispensation from procedures should this be required by contingent reasons.
- Prepare Regulator's forms related to drilling engineering to comply with government regulations.
- Liaison with Reservoir and Production departments in preparation of procedures.
- Provides on-site supervision as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
This is the opportunity for you if you have these skills and requirements :
- BS (or higher) in Petroleum or Mechanical Engineering disciplines.
- Related industry experience.
- Well Engineering experience.
- Knowledge of well testing / completion issues.
- Knowledge of Drilling Operations as:
- Well construction processes and the relevant engineering contents.
- Well Engineering Software.
- Drilling Units (onshore and offshore).
- Drilling systems and hazards, (loss circulation, shallow pressurized gas formations, carbonate reservoirs, HPHT wells).
- Advanced drilling and well testing operational techniques
Villahermosa, Tabasco. Mexico.
12 months FTC. Residential. Local (non-expatriate)
At Eni, people are the key to our success, which is why our values are focused on diversity and lifelong learning. Learn more :
- Training & Development
- Rewards, Benefits and Welfare
- Our Mission
Together we have greater energy.
Welcome to Eni – and your future with a dynamic global business that operates across the entire energy supply chain. Eni’s 30,000 employees can be found on virtually every continent. Throughout the 67 countries we operate in, we work on some of the most significant energy projects in the world.
Our activities span oil and natural gas exploration, field development and production, as well as the supply, trading and shipping of natural gas, LNG, electricity, fuels and chemical products.
We’ve grown dramatically since our beginnings in 1953, but we’ve stayed true to our roots in many ways. Today we may be one of the largest companies in Italy and among the world’s most successful oil and gas companies in exploration, but our culture remains genuinely people-focused. Our values of respect, integrity and sustainability guide every aspect of our operations.
As for the future, we’re adapting to rapidly shifting market conditions as we complete our transformation into a fully integrated oil and gas company. Through our strong commitment to digitalisation and decarbonisation, Eni will continue to create sustainable value within this changing energy landscape.
We’re not only one of the world’s most successful energy companies — we pride ourselves on being a dynamic and exciting place to work as well. If you join us, you’ll play a key role in shaping the energies of the future.
At Eni you’ll enjoy a progressive, inclusive and forward-thinking environment, and a wide range of benefits and rewards. We care about our people's growth, which is why we invest in talent and offer development pathways to give everyone the same opportunity to flourish with us.
Reasons to join us
- Take on exciting challenges: Eni's focus is on big and ambitious projects. You'll take on challenging but rewarding work to help us extract energy at depths never reached before.
- A multicultural working environment: You’ll join a dynamic setting with cutting-edge facilities, the latest technology, and a rich and interesting mix of people from all backgrounds and specialisms.
- Make a difference in the world: Our purpose extends further than supplying energy to power the world. Sustainable development and respect for the environment is at the heart of everything that we do.
- Training and career growth: We provide training opportunities at the highest standard and encourage self-development, both in a personal capacity and a professional one.
- Compensation and incentive programmes: We reward you for your commitment and success through our competitive compensation policy, which is bespoke to each location’s local regulations.
- Pension programmes: Depending on your location, you could enrol in one of our contributory pension programmes.