Skills: Project Management
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Midrand, Gauteng, South Africa
Wood is currently recruiting for a Project Manager with extensive experience in the Oil & Gas, Petrochemical or similar sector of the industry to provide support to our Client in the execution of projects in Sasolburg and Secunda.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Identify and communicate the objectives for the project team in accordance with the contract terms, scope of work and corporate policy
- Communicate these objectives to the project team, Departmental Managers, and Client
- Organise the project team in consultation with Departmental Managers and agree the assignment of all key personnel
- Motivate the project team towards the determined objectives, by generating enthusiasm for the project, and by maintaining continued personal interest in achieving set targets
- Achieve scheduled performance, cost, quality, health, safety and environmental requirements of the project from contract award to Client's acceptance
- Ensure that designated systems are adopted by the project team as soon as possible, after contract award
- Negotiate all contract changes with the Client
- Act as primary contact and maintain satisfactory relations with the Client
- Ensure that the requirements of secrecy agreements are strictly observed
- For Project Directors and Senior Project Managers only, deputise when requested for the Manager Operations
- Be familiar with the current application of computer systems of the business and endeavour to optimise their use and development within the project/department budget, both to solve technical problems and to promote the effective management of information
- To ensure that the Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Policy is implemented and understood by all supervised staff
- Where a Project Executive is assigned to a project, the Project Director / Manager shall report to the Project Executive This is in no way reduces the single point responsibility of the Project Director / Manager for the successful execution of the project
- Lead and support assigned proposals This includes developing in conjunction with proposals the execution strategy
- Present execution plans at proposal review stage
Skills / Qualifications
- BSc, BEng or BTech (Engineering) with minimum 10-15 years relevant experience
- Professional Registration with ECSA, PMI or SACMCMP
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Minimum 10-15 years experience on projects in a leadership role
- Experience to execute on large projects
- Experience gained from execution of projects in the Oil & Gas, Petrochemical or similar sector of the industry and understanding key drivers for delivery of successful project execution
- Clear understanding of the requirements of The Project Management Body of Knowledge
- Thorough understanding of Engineering Management Processes gained through on site experience
- Knowledge of Construction Processes including Constructability Reviews
- Knowledge of Project Financial and Cost Management Processes
- Ability to establish, implement and maintain project and contract programmes.
- Experience and knowledge in commercial terms and conditions and the basic Law of Contracts
- Ability to establish and implement Quality Management processes in compliance with the company
- established systems and procedures
- Thorough understanding of the requirements of the Occupational Health and Safety regulations
- Thorough understanding of Risk Management processes
- Multi-disciplinary experience of all aspects relating to the area under your control
- Experience of all aspects of multi-discipline projects
- Decision making skills
- Analytical / problem solving skills
- High level of numeracy / cost forecasting skills / financial understanding skills
- Interpersonal negotiating and relationship skills.
- Effective conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.