The Chief Technologist will be reporting to the Global Product Line leader and will be the primary technology leader for Waygate Technologies - driving and enhancing Waygate's positioning as the key software and hardware technology provider for all industrial inspection needs.Responsibilities
- Define, develop, and deploy the cross-modality and digital solutions vision and strategy
- Mapping and maintaining an overview of the technology roadmap(s) for Waygate
- Leading technology landscaping, strategy and development in partnership with the sub-business unit consulting engineers
- Driving and enabling cross- and multi-modality capabilities and solutions to address unique customer challenges
- Driving and enabling data science capabilities across the industrial inspection landscape
- Identifying technologies and partners to execute on key inspection challenges for customers
- define cross-modality and data analytics problems in the "inevitable future" of industrial inspection
- Define, build and deliver key solutions and technologies to maintain Waygate Technologies' leadership in the industrial and digital inspection landscape.
- Define and drive processes and metrics that enable scalability of Waygate's technology strategy
- PhD in STEM or Computer Science fields
- 5+ years of experience in one or more of the following NDT physics - Ultrasound, X-ray/CT, Visual or Eddy Current testing; multi-modality and/or data fusion experience is strongly preferred
- Hands on experience with machine learning, deep learning, artificial intelligence and/or simulation and modeling for NDT or medical applications.
- Hands-on experience managing teams of diverse individuals
- Passion for applying advanced methods and innovative approaches at the intersection of machine learning, optimization and non-destructive testing.
- Proven track record of formulating business problems into concrete mathematical/physical frameworks and translating analytic results into actionable recommendations.
- Self-learner with the humility and hunger for continuing learning with a passion for work, attention to detail, and a can-do attitude.
- Excellent formal and informal communication skills
- Comfortable in a global role with partners spread across continents and time-zones.
- Willing to travel globally as required, including to customer or engineering sites.
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.