Our client, a large oil and gas company, is currently seeking an Executive Assistant for a 12-24 month contract in Calgary, AB.
The CW - Executive Assistant, Senior Leader - Oil Sands Major Projects is responsible for providing complex and confidential administrative support to the Senior Leader, Oil Sands Major Projects. There will be a requirement to modify the work schedule to support business needs and accommodate different time zones.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide administrative support to the Senior Leader and other leadership team by screening phone/email and other related assistance as needed;
- Interaction with the head office in Beijing via phone and email so modifying work schedule may be required to accommodate time zone difference;
- Assist with department planning and project development;
- Prepare reports and monitor schedules;
- Maintain communication with internal/external stakeholders;
- Support preparing documents in English/Mandarin and translation between both languages;
- Use Microsoft Office (Powerpoint, Excel, Word) to prepare, design, and compile general correspondence, memos, charts, tables, graphs, presentations and other business plans;
- Coordinate and schedule meetings and conferences, manage calendars, schedules, travel, and other appointments as requested;
- Prepare monthly expense reports;
- Work independently and/or within a team on special nonrecurring and/or ongoing projects;
- Routinely handle confidential and non-routine information, understanding the sensitive nature of the information and managing it appropriately;
- Ensure office files are maintained and managed appropriately via hard copy and electronically;
- Administer SAP functions including invoice approvals;
- Assist other departmental administrative assistants as required;
- Perform other duties as requested/required.
Education & Experience
- Minimum 10 years' experience in oil and gas required;
- Must be able to handle extreme confidentiality of sensitive information;
- Fluent in Mandarin and English (written & verbal) is required;
- Translating business documents (Mandarin/English) is required;
- Petroleum Engineering degree preferred;
- Flexibility to work irregular hours required;
- Experience working in a subsidiary of a State Owned Entity an asset;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook. Ability to learn new applications such as Livelink, Project, and Access;
- Experience in SAP, Lotus Notes and Adobe Reader/Writer would be an asset;
- Must have the ability to work independently and have exceptional skills in managing multiple demands, including prioritizing workload;
- Must also have a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail, strong communication skills (both oral and written), professional etiquette in dealing with co-workers, and proven administrative skills;
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form (Mandarin/English);
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.