Skills: Rig Instrument Tech, Instrumentation Technician
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Freeport, Texas, United States
Wood is currently recruiting for an Instrument Tech with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry. Must have knowledge and ability to manage electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic systems.
- Accurately interpret and apply information from work orders, job orders, specifications, blueprints, ISO's or other drawings and recognize basic blueprint terms and symbols for job application
- Identify, recognize and demonstrate safe usage of power tools and hand tools appropriate for the job
- Recognize various materials used in instrumentation and control systems and demonstrate a working knowledge of appropriate material handling techniques
- Select and safely use appropriate equipment which may include (but not limited to) manlifts, forklifts, and company trucks
- Demonstrate understanding of unit's stability as it pertains to the relationship between the instruments, process and analyzer
- Demonstrate basic understanding of mechanical and process systems.
- Demonstrate ability to check flows, pressures and temperatures of the sample system
- Demonstrate ability to safely monitor a repair sample system
- Demonstrate knowledge and skill required to accurately operate on various types of test equipment available on sites
- Demonstrate skill in instrument reapplications
- Demonstrate ability to design and construct complex sample systems including wiring, conduit, etc
- Demonstrate knowledge of all codes, standards, application manuals, and publications
- Demonstrate planning capabilities in coordinating work with other technicians
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required.
Skills / Qualifications
May be required to have a TEXAS Electrical license if working in the State of Texas
1 -2 years as an Instrument Tech helper/apprentice or related electrical/instrumentation field.
1 -2 years as Instrument Tech journeyman level
Formal documented craft training in the Instrumentation field may substitute for helper/apprentice experience.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.