Skills: Warehouse Person
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Would you like to be part of a team delivery the latest technology in the Energy Industry?
Do you enjoy taking ownership of projects to ensure success?
Join a team that delivers essential services
Our teams are responsible for facilitating transactions, producing, assembling, and delivering replacement/ repair parts and equipment as part of a Services agreement or order. This includes activities such as processing transactions, managing processes, material management, site operations, or warehouse logistics & shipping, sometimes in a shop structure. Includes craft & non craft labor as well as manager roles responsible solely for these activities.
Lead a team to deliver a first-class service
Our Region Warehouse Leader will help develop, implement, and execute cost effective standard processes and procedures for warehouse activities. These processes include receiving, storage, yard management, preservation, counting and the delivery of inventory to internal and external customers for Europe and Sub Sahara Africa (SSA) within the Oilfield Services Portfolio of Baker Hughes.
As a Warehouse Leader, you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring safe operating environment for all employees, identifying, and controlling of risks in work areas and identifying specific training to prepare employees before undertaking their task, complying with our HSE strategy.
- Reviewing warehouse and yard throughput and efficiency, identifying opportunities where labor hours are higher than normal, investigate and develop action plans to address. Ensure 6S (Sort, Set in Order, Shine, Standardize, Sustain and Safety) strategy in place and executed as per plan.
- Defining the Metrics, Measures and Targets for Europe (EUR) and Sub Sahara Africa (SSA) Financials and in conjunction with finance team, developing annual budget of planned activity, cost optimization strategy and overheads.
- Setting up an employee succession planning and development - identification and pathway generation of top talent. Diversity Index management - strategy generation on attracting diversity into the company, improving gender diversity index.
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a Bachelors' degree or an additional relevant work experience for some years in lieu of degree
- Have several years of experience as front-line supervisor, managing and supervising personnel
- Have some years of experience in Warehouse management / Distribution / Operations / Asset and/or Inventory management
- Have Knowledge and experience with the usage of barcoding, radio frequency identification (RFID) or QR codes
- Be proficient in use of Microsoft Office, SAP and Excel
- Have full professional proficiency in English
- Lean Six Sigma Experience preferred
- Be willing to travel
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit in everything in and work when you are the most productive
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
The Good Stuff
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.