Skills: IT - Analysis & Management, IT - Sys Admin & Support, Electrical Engineering
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
The Information Technology Specialist (IT Specialist) is in charge of performing and/or supervising the installation, repair and routine maintenance for the onboard IT infrastructure. Additionally, he/she supervises and coordinates change management for all on-vessel corporate owned IT systems, control system software and network related systems, as well as IT security enforcement and guidance for these systems per standards and policies.
Department / Location
Operations / Offshore
The IT Specialist coordinates the preventative and corrective maintenance for IT related equipment, communicates regularly with the other departments (electrical, electronic, mechanical, engine room, subsea, drilling, marine and safety) as well as the client and other service partners when required. He/she regularly communicates with onshore field support and onshore IT department to ensure maximum efficiency, security, and risk mitigation of the IT assets onboard.
Qualifications and Experience
• High School diploma or equivalent. Bachelor's degree in MIS, IT, Engineering or equivalent preferred.
• Three years minimum of offshore experience in the IT / Electrical / Electronic department or as an alternate five years minimum of related IT experience in an industrial environment plus an offshore period.
• Experience supporting the following technologies:
? Microsoft Office XP, 2010, and any newer versions
? Endpoint protection (Microsoft & Cylance)
? Windows server 2008, 2012, and any newer versions
? HP and Xerox printing
? Base understanding of TCP/IP networks
? Routing and switching including VLAN configuration
? Desktop and laptop systems
? VSAT and LTE communication systems
• Experience working with helpdesk ticketing solutions and tracking issue resolution through ticketing process.
• Experience leading Infrastructure related system deployments with emphasis on delivering on schedule and documentation of work.
• Fluent English communication skills (oral and written).
• Completion of all mandatory training and certification requirements for IT Specialist as described in the Pacific Drilling offshore Training matrix.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Comply with Pacific Drilling Code of Conduct and supporting policies, standards, and applicable process documentation.
• Perform all work according to agreed expectations of both internal and external customers, focus on doing things right the first time and every time, and contribute actively to continual improvement activities.
• Demonstrates Pacific Drilling's Leadership Competencies.
• Act as a Safety Leader ensuring the ongoing identification of hazards and the implementation of controls to manage the associated risks with a special focus on Permit to Work and Isolation procedures as well as electrical safety procedures for working on low voltage equipment.
• Install, maintain, and repair all IT systems including VSAT, servers, workstations, printers, software, network, CCTV CPU, VDR, central entertainment system components, PBX to PAGA interface, Central PBX system, Service Partner and Client network and telecommunications requests, and telecommunications. Monitor and thoroughly document the software, computer and network hardware changes performed by third parties to equipment systems such as the Drilling Instrumentation and Control systems.
• Work closely with the Electronic Department where expertise in both disciplines is required. Responsible for supporting computers attached to control systems including but not limited to Kongsberg and NOV Drilling Control Networks, process control network switching/routing equipment and Servers, eHAWK access, Remote NOV Stations, Mud Control System PC, Subsea CCC PC and other items where the Electronic Department requires assistance with items under the IT discipline. With regard to the above systems, the IT Specialist is responsible for helping enforce security standards, practices, and protecting company owned assets from unauthorized access or change.
• Ensure that backups are made for all general IT and equipment systems in compliance with the configuration management policies and best practices.
• Rigorously implement and follow the software and hardware change management process in line with Pacific Drilling standards.
• Coordinates planning and execution of IT preventative maintenance with a minimum of 6-week overview to cover current hitch and half of back-to back hitch, keeping an updated and accurate historical record of all maintenance done as well as all IT equipment certification documents.
• Ensure that all software uploaded to the network meets Pacific Drilling's ITS Software Standard.
• Ensure that all pcs/computers on the network have security protection in place.
• Ensure adherence to Offshore IT and Communication Standard.
• Inform supervisor and other department heads of any technical problems or limitations that may affect the safe operation of the rig.
• Ensure that operations are planned, organized, supervised, and executed in accordance with well programs, rig move plans, Pacific Drilling requirements, and contractual obligations.
• Maintain the housekeeping onboard to the Pacific Drilling standards with a particular focus on escape routes to remain clear of any obstruction at all times.
• Openly communicate with all departments, client representatives, and third parties as required.
• Prepare a comprehensive and accurate work status report and communicate it at end of shift and end of hitch handovers.
Pacific Drilling is a fast growing company that is dedicated to becoming the preferred ultra-deepwater drilling contractor. The employees of Pacific Drilling consist of a group of hard working, results driven and passionate people. At the core of our company values is a customer oriented environment that operates with the utmost integrity.
If you are interested in a challenging and rewarding career, we would like to hear from you!