Cumbria, England, United Kingdom
Cumbria, England, United Kingdom
Skills: Structural Engineering, Civil Construction
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Cumbria, England, United Kingdom
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow, and succeed - today and into tomorrow.
Our Critical Mission Solutions business - we are invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defence, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It is our challenge as human beings, too. That is why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
The BEP Joint Venture project will safely design and deliver a Plant and the works in accordance with the requirements of the contract to enable conditioning of wastes from the various donor plants, Carried out in line with the Employer's needs and to the satisfaction of stakeholders in the BOX Encapsulation Project (BEP).
Job Description / Role:
Sub-Agent responsible for providing engineering and site managerial support for civil, structural and architectural work scope for delivery of the BEP Project. Works responsibilities. Reporting into the CS&A Agents and CS&A Construction Manager site responsibilities and work scope will include: -
Supporting CS&A site works scope associated with in ground drainage, roads & street works, reinforced concrete works, structural steelwork, external cladding operations, internal fit outs and architectural finishes, inclusive of: -
• Produce short term programmes for site works and report site progress to CS&A line managers.
• Produce method statements and risk assessment and undertake periodic reviews.
• Produce QA/QC control plans for site works and manage those plans to the completion through the LTR files.
• Undertake temporary works reviews and produce temporary works briefs for issue to the temporary works manager.
• Undertake work scope material requirement reviews and place orders for those materials.
• Daily management of the engineering teams and supporting those teams during onsite works scope.
• Daily works communication to the works supervisors.
• Management of the requirements set out in the work scope.
• Daily monitoring of the works health and safety requirements.
• Produce works daily dairies.
Civil Engineering or Construction based qualification
• HND Civil Engineering
• HND Construction
• Civil Engineering or Construction Based Degree
• Site based civil engineering or site based construction back-ground with experience of reinforced concrete works, structural steelwork, in ground drainage, roads & street works and in ground drainage.
• Nuclear new build or nuclear decommissioning experience preferred but not essential.
• The ability to obtain BPSS and a P4 pass is essential for continuance in the role.
• Proficient IT skills
We clear the way for inventive thinking so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We're invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we're more connected, and if we are diverse, we're more creative.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.co.uk to view and access our roles.
As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
If you have any queries regarding the application process, please contact www.jacobs.com/contact/careers2
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.