Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed - today and into tomorrow.
Our Critical Mission Solutions business - we are invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defence, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It is our challenge as human beings, too. That is why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It is our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Lead a team of more junior engineers in the engineering delivery of projects to time, cost and quality, or in the management of small projects, and in addition support the discipline manager in aspects of running the department
- Lead functional input to own projects, including where relevant leading the input of other (possibly multidisciplinary) engineers and subcontractors, to ensure engineering delivery meets scope, time, cost and quality
- Proactively generate value adding options within projects to offer to clients to improve both the chance of winning work and satisfaction with completed and ongoing work
- Manage subcontracts to ensure cost effective, timely delivery.
- Check and approve the work of more junior staff to eliminate errors and sub-optimal work
- Generate and check engineering estimates and execution strategies to provide optimal solutions and eliminate errors
- Establish and maintain technical standards to support quality engineering delivery
- Provide functional support and guidance to more junior staff to develop both them as individuals and the capability of the team as a whole
- Keep abreast of current technology so that technical input to projects takes account of new developments
- Support the engineering manager in non-project-based activities such as writing procedures, resource planning, establishing policy, budgeting, recruitment etc, to support the drive to continuously improve and optimise the operation of the department
- Professionally qualified (e.g. Chartered) Engineer
- Substantial relevant experience, typically at least 10 years of experience in relevant project design work
- Team leadership capability
- Excellent technical skills
- Site based experience
- Competent in project management
- Commercial awareness
Experience in contracting