Skills: Electrical Engineering
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: United Kingdom
ENGIE are recruiting for a CHP Engineer to be part of the Urban Energy Team based in the Midlands. This is a permanent, full time role, working 40 hours a week. On offer is a competitive salary and company benefits package.
Our plant ranges from 800kw to 5.7MW CHP gas engines from various leading OEMs. This role requires the mechanical skills to overhaul and maintain the engine, but also the interface controls, electrical output systems and gas incoming equipment (gas train). Working with the operational team to understand system interfaces and maintain system performance. Diagnostic skills for complex fault finding across the CHP unit and wider interfaces.
What is your Day to Day:
- To ensure the safe, efficient operation of our Natural Gas Engine CHP Fleet, through maintenance activities that includes, planned, predictive, corrective and reactive tasks.
- Employing all the core skills required to work on leading OEM equipment, Control Systems, Gas Systems IGEM3 and Electrical Interfaces.
- Experienced engineer working on plant ranging from 800kw to 5.7MW from various leading OEMs that includes CAT, Wartsila, Jenbacher and Cummins.
- Gas Safe COCN1 LPS, deemed an experienced authorised or competent person, in respect to LV, HV and pressure systems.
ENGIE is a leading energy and services company focused on three key activities: production and supply of energy, services and regeneration. Our 17,000 employees combine these capabilities for the benefit of individuals, businesses and communities throughout the UK & Ireland.
For more information about ENGIE, please visit:
For this role, you must have evidence of the right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community. Certain roles may require applicants to undergo a Disclosure check, as noted in the role requirements. ENGIE has a written policy on the recruitment of ex-offenders, which is made available to all DBS applicants upon request. A copy of the DBS code of practice can be found here .
The ENGIE Resourcing Team supports this job advert. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.
- Posting Date: Mar 24, 2021