The Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for developing features for the GridSynergy platform for Engie Storage to continue opening new markets and supporting existing markets for energy storage products. This position will be based in Santa Clara CA.
What you'll do:
- Architect, design, and develop high quality cloud applications
- Design database architecture to support performance and scaling
- Develop enhancements to complex and highly scalable SOA applications on GridSynergy platform deployed in the cloud
- Use open source MySQL and NoSQL database technologies to manage terabits of time series based energy data for behind the meter services such as demand charge reduction, energy arbitrage and wholesale services such as frequency regulation and capacity reserves
- Build microservice applications using Java and Spring boot for complex utility tariffs including real time pricing
- Use open source technologies such Spark, Kafka, and Elasticsearch to build high performance data pipeline
- Design and implementation of new features or enhancements to existing features required by customers
- Assess and improve scalability through methodical testing and infrastructure upgrades
- Work with team to identify opportunities leading to the design and development of tools and applications to enhance business opportunities
- Participate in CI/CD process for feature development through architectural planning, technical leadership, project coordination, and hands-on work
- Carries other duties as assigned
What you bring: Education
- M.S. degree in Computer Science or related discipline required
- Minimum five (5) years of professional experience working as a back-end engineer with big data
- Experience developing and architecting object-oriented applications using one or more of the following program languages: Java, Python, Scala
- Expert knowledge in relational database such as MySQL or Postgres and NoSQL database
- Experience with application containerization tools and platforms such as Kubernetes and Docker
- Experience with build tool development/maintenance using Open Embedded, Yocto, and/or Jenkins
- Expert knowledge in Kafka, Spark, Spring, AWS, and Hadoop
- Demonstrated proficiency in designing distributed applications in which multiple operating systems, languages, and vendor middleware interoperate
- Ability to apply design concepts layered architectures, components, interfaces, messaging and patterns
- Expert knowledge in designing and implementing REST API's following OpenAPI 3.0 Specification.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Software Change, Configuration Management, and Build Processes in a complex environment
- Strong business / technology decision making skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Strong leadership skills to effectively influence decisions and positively impact progress
- Demonstrated proficiency developing object-orientated applications using one or more of the following programming languages: Java, Python, Scala
- Comprehensive understanding of RESTful API design and object-oriented programming
- Proficiency in Spring Boot, Maven, Junit tools/frameworks, SQL languages
- Experience working with Kafka, Spark, Redis, Elasticsearch, and RabbitMQ
- Adept in Git for source code management
- Good understanding of best practice security principles
- Working knowledge in Ubuntu or another Debian based OS
- Ability to meet highest attendance requirements
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally
- Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to use personal computer, calculator, etc.
- Could involve some lifting
ENGIE North America isn't just participating in the Zero-Carbon Transition, we're leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. So ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as "protected characteristics") as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ENGIENA-ENGIEHR@engie.com . Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.
- Posting Date: Mar 23, 2021