This position is with a leading renewable energy project developer with its headquarters located in Santa Barbara. Tremendous growth in the renewables industry has spurred project development and, as a result, our company has experienced dramatic growth and is looking for the perfect candidate to add to our legal and administrative staff.
What you'll do:
- Primary responsibility is to manage and perform tasks and assignments related to project development efforts and commercial title insurance for solar and wind energy projects, including but not limited to the following:
- Drafting and preparing various project development or title curative related agreements or other documents for execution by landowners and third parties.
- Review and analysis of real estate title instruments related to land ownership.
- Review, analysis and tracking of title commitments and pro forma title policies.
- Strategizing and implementing title curative efforts through the close of title policies, including preparing, negotiating and executing title curative documents and agreements required for closing on policies.
- Communication and coordination of project development efforts with internal land agents.
- Direct communication and coordination of title curative efforts with title insurance company.
- Additional responsibilities include assisting in supporting this organization's legal and administrative areas.
- Processing, organizing and managing intake and filing (electronically and in hard copy) of any and all project related agreements and documents.
- Uploading and organizing documents, files and other information in company's computer database.
- Creating and organizing electronic and hard copy files and folders for various project related agreements and documents.
- Assistance with day-to-day special clerical assignments, such as mass mailings.
What you bring:
- Juris Doctorate and licensed in CA
- 3-5 years legal experience with emphasis on real estate and/ or title matters
- Ability to meet highest attendance requirements
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally
- Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to use personal computer, calculator, etc.
- Could involve some lifting
ENGIE North America isn't just participating in the Zero-Carbon Transition, we're leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. So ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as "protected characteristics") as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ENGIENA-ENGIEHR@engie.com . Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.
- Additional Locations: North America-United States
- Posting Date: Mar 23, 2021