Skills: Field Comm / SCADA
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: CA, US
ENGIE has an immediate need to hire a Data Acquisition Engineer, Advisor working remotely. As a subject matter expert, the position will provide leadership on all aspects of data acquisition during the project lifecycle for Cities & Communities Public Sector customers in the USA. These projects are mostly in the renewables space, and are primarily focused on solar photovoltaic systems, but include battery energy storage and a growing portfolio of microgrids.
What you'll do:
- Act as a subject matter expert on matters related to the communication and acquisition of data from field devices, primarily using the Modbus protocol.
- Assist with the design and specification of hardware for a wide variety of renewable and energy efficiency projects during the design phase of projects.
- Advise on design improvements and enhancements to our data acquisition enclosures and field installations.
- Key member of decisions involving the selection of new metering and sensor hardware.
- Manage and/or perform all remote support for system startups during construction.
- Provide elevated support to the field technicians during the installation, commissioning
- and ongoing support of equipment.
- While providing remote support during commissioning, capture relevant field information which will assist with ensuring accurate as-built drawings and for other closeout documents.
- Contribute to the validation of the project closeout and as-built documentation.
- Assist field technicians with Level 2 and 3 support during the post-construction ongoing services period.
- Support the Reporting & Optimization team in determining the root cause of data quality issues.
- Assist the Performance Engineers in the troubleshooting of underperforming systems.
- Collaborate with Software Development team for continuous improvement of proprietary systems, new integrations and analytics.
- Provide conceptual data acquisition for varying needs that arise during the development of pipeline projects.
- Share subject matter expertise within the Company's organization, and most especially within the Customer Care Team.
What you bring:
- Engineering degree from an accredited university.
- Minimum of 7-10 years' experience with data acquisition and metering or related areas.
- Must have advanced knowledge of the Modbus protocol and troubleshooting tools such as ModScan, Wireshark, etc.; basic understanding of BACnet, SCADA is beneficial.
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP networking protocols such as DHCP, DNS, NAT, including ability to support various network topologies. This includes providing some support for our 4G LTE private cellular network which is leveraged for remote site connectivity.
- SQL skills for use in the troubleshooting and support of data analytics.
- Some experience with Microsoft Azure would be beneficial, including support of Windows Servers.
- Must be able to interpret electrical single line drawings in order to support system design and installation.
- Strong and elaborate verbal and written communication skills, especially when interacting with non-technical stakeholders in the organization..
- Comfortable working with remote team members, including field support.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of time.
- For this position, you must have evidence of right to work in the U.S. There is no employer sponsorship of U.S. residency or work authorization with this role.
- Ability to meet highest attendance requirements.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to use personal computer, calculator, etc.
- Could involve some lifting.
ENGIE North America isn't just participating in the Zero-Carbon Transition, we're leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. So ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as "protected characteristics") as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ENGIENA-ENGIEHR@engie.com. Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.
- Posting Date: Mar 23, 2021