Would you like to discover how our diverse, hardworking people are leading the way in making energy cleaner and better - and how you can play your part in our world-class team?
Join our Sourcing (Logistics) Team and advance your career as a Sourcing Lead (Logistics)!In this role You will:
We have the following requirements:
- Lead complex, end-to-end Sourcing projects as per business request, inclusive of the following activities:
- Demand Management
- Case Management
- Sourcing Strategy
- Supplier Selection
- Contract Operationalization
- Post Award Contract Management
- Supplier Management
- Drive and manage various sourcing and contracting projects of high spend & complexity
- Ensure that the business requirements are well-understood and properly covered in the sourcing process. Influence business demand where required and possible.
- Identify value levers and opportunities to maximize value for bp in the marketplace
- Contribute to the development of the category strategies from a sourcing team's side
- Develop Sourcing strategy, including options & scenarios in accordance with the respective Category strategy
- Define approach to market and develop source selection criteria based on the business priorities and requirement
- Lead and coordinate the supplier selection process to ensure the most ideal option is chosen
- Lead all relevant business partner and supplier interactions including senior levels throughout the sourcing project
- Define negotiation & contracting strategy
- Propose potential modifications/updates to the relevant contract templates based on category specific requirements
- Take an innovative approach and lead continuous process improvement initiatives
- Represent the Team and support junior team members in communication and engagement with senior partners
- Drive and coordinate issue resolution in complex scenarios propose improvement initiatives that result in long term solution
From 1 September, Hungary has closed its border to most foreign nationals due to the corona virus pandemic and foreign nationals may be allowed entry only in very limited circumstances. Please note this job requires onsite presence and we will consider your applications based on the applicable travel rules to Hungary. Please still complete your application, we want to make sure we have your details for when we are through this period.
- Bachelors' degree or equivalent experience is required (preferably in business studies)
- 6-8 years of practical and application experience in end-to-end sourcing of services and commodities, drafting and negotiating contracts and legal terms, sourcing strategy preparation, coupled with a strong commercial orientation and interpersonal skills
- In-depth understanding of Logistics category is a huge plus
- Proficiency in English. Additional languages may mean an advantage
- Experience and in understanding of Supplier Performance Management activities
- Confirmed experience with contract creation, negotiations and life-cycle management
- Strong understanding and experience of Planning and Performance Management
- Analytical abilities including marketplace and financial analysis
- Critical thinking and ability to define sourcing strategies
- Solid understanding of MS Office products i.e. PowerPoint, Access & Excel.
- Experience working in an Ariba / Salesforce system environment is an advantage
- Ability to review and analyse complex data to identify issues and trends
GBS Procurement is integral to building bp's distinctive capabilities and enhancing the procurement processes. In order to achieve this they are collaborating with segment category teams to effectively build, segment and manage the third party supply chains. They are building the next generation of category management; sourcing and digital capability in line with bp's defined functional vision and location strategy.
Join our Procurement Function and advance your career as a Sourcing Lead (Logistics)!
The Sourcing Lead supports various BP businesses with a range of high complexity sourcing, contracting and supplier performance management activities. In addition to sourcing, this role is responsible for developing supplier relationships and proactively identifying value opportunities.
This includes demand management, definition of sourcing strategy based on a predefined category framework, source selection, contract negotiation, and contract creation & maintenance.
The ideal candidate has extensive experience in sourcing of services and commodities, knowledge of contracts and legal terms, sourcing strategy preparation, coupled with a strong commercial orientation, communication and stakeholder management skills.
Responsible for developing and implementing sourcing strategies, plans and executing bidding events, negotiating purchase contracts and supporting stakeholders in the ongoing management of suppliers, in order to deliver against sourcing and contracting project milestones and relevant PSCM targets.