Primary purpose of job
Experience & Skills
- Plans, develops, evaluates, schedules, executes and supervises all the tasks necessary to process pre-tendering, tendering, contracting, variations and closing out of drilling & workover oil and gas operations, from initial well design to actual drilling, completion, stimulation, production testing, workover and abandonment for both Land and Offshore drilling activities.
- Administers and monitors all service contracts and materials/equipment call-off agreements after award to ensure the smooth running of Drilling & Workover units for both Offshore and Dukhan operations by working closely with professionals in other Divisions/Departments (Operations/Completion/Petroleum Engineers and Rig Supervisors) in accordance with the Corporate, Directorate and Departmental Contracting, Quality, Safety and Environmental Policies and Procedures.
- In-depth knowledge and experience in drilling, completion, stimulation, well testing & workover operations in both Rig/Rigless operations.
- At least 8 years experience in Drilling Operations/ Petroleum Engineering including min. 3 years experience on the well site and 2 years in financial, tendering/contracting and cost engineering systems and procedures.
- In-depth Knowledge of complete tendering/contracting procedures starting from the initial preparation to final award and follow-up until final close out.
- Cost monitoring techniques and knowledge of operational activities from spud to final handover of well.
- Negotiation skills to negotiate with contractors along with QP Tender Committees/Sub-committees (GTC/LTC/STC)
- Should have good knowledge of oil industry pricing structures and standards in order to incorporate best pricing structure in the Contracts to achieve maximum savings.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.