Skills: Fire Protection
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Primary Purpose of Job
Direct and supervise the daily routines and activities of a multiple fire station watch covering the designated operational area, to ensure the operational readiness of the stations to respond to emergencies. Command the incident as the on-scene commander of all emergency responders from multiple services as directed by the QP Incident Command System. Communicate fire safety practices by engaging with the community to prevent emergencies occurring, intervene effectively to minimize the impact.
• Degree in Fire Protection from a recognized university or Member of Institute of Fire Engineers. Diploma will be considered if supplemented by appropriate professional experience.
• At least 5 years working experience as a Fire Station Officer or 10 years in case of Diploma.
• Experience in industrial fire operations preferred.
• Strong and effective leadership skills. Strong communication skills in English and preferably Arabic
Experience & Skills
- Minimum 9 years as a Fire-Fighter (5 in supervisory position) in a commercial or industrial Fire-Fighter environment, civil defense force, military fire service or three years as Sub Officer in QP.
- Possess a valid driving License - preferably Heavy Vehicle.
- Technical skills - must be able to use broad range of modern equipment for fire fighting and rescue.
-The ability to rapidly absorb information on arrival at an incident in conditions which may be dangerous and confusing and accordingly dictate instructions to the on scene crews
- Understanding for the victims of fire and accident and able to cope with distressing circumstances.
Qatar Petroleum is an integrated national oil company (NOC) responsible for the sustainable development of the oil and gas industry in Qatar and beyond.
Qatar Petroleum’s activities encompass the entire spectrum of the oil and gas value chain locally, regionally, and internationally, and include the exploration, refining, production, marketing and sales of oil and gas, liquefied natural gas (LNG), natural gas liquids (NGL), gas to liquids (GTL) products, refined products, petrochemicals, fertilizers, steel and aluminum.
Qatar Petroleum is committed to contribute to a better future by meeting today’s economic needs, while safeguarding our environment and resources for generations to come. Thriving on innovation and excellence, Qatar Petroleum is bound to the highest levels of sustainable human, socio-economic, and environmental development in Qatar and beyond.
For more information, please visit www.qp.com.qa