Skills: Instrument & Controls Engineer, Asset Integrity Engineer
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is recruiting for an Integrity Management Engineer to join our Brisbane based team. This role has come about due to continued success and organisational growth and is an immediate requirement for an engineer with a Bachelor's degree in Materials / Mechanical / Process / Chemical / Electrical / Control & Instrumentation and / or Structural Engineering .
The successful candidate will quickly be involved in providing consulting and engineering solutions to our clients delivering improved outcomes while balancing integrity, reliability, performance and cost.
Company support to achieve Chartered Engineering status and RPEQ (Registered Professional Engineer of Queensland) is offered.
After initial Company inductions and training, our selected candidate will quickly be involved in a variety of tasks such as:
- Development of client proposals and scopes of work
- Involvement in the development and implementation of asset integrity management (AIMS) programs
- Evaluate asset information to determine hazards, failure modes and risk mitigations
- Assessing damage mechanisms in oil and gas industries
- Utilise spreadsheet, database and potentially programming scripts to capture and manipulate data; identifying trends and equipment health concerns
- KPI reporting and performance metric development for system integrity
- Develop maintenance strategies using a reliability-centred maintenance approach
- Updating Computerised Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS)
- Fitness for service assessment
- Setup and configuration of Integrity Management Database Systems
- Development of client reports to communicate results and recommendations
- Assuming ownership of small projects, managing from start to finish following Wood's Quality Management System
Applicants please note, that we will only consider applications from Australian citizens or those who hold Permanent Residency (PR) visa.
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree in Materials / Mechanical / Process / Chemical / Electrical / Control & Instrumentation and / or Structural Engineering from an accredited University
- Further qualification in Commerce / Business / Data Analytics / Marketing or previous commercial exposure would be advantageous
- We will consider engineers with 2 - 6 years' experience. Remuneration for this position will be reflective of experience
We are looking for an energetic engineer who is highly motivated and enjoys working as part of a close knit and supporting team. Individuals who are:
- Client focused with solid communication and relationship building skills
- Committed to business process compliance
- Hands on, organised, proactive and self-disciplined
Prepared to bring their energy, technical curiosity and ideas to working groups focused on innovation. You will be:
- Confident in presentations, have a high level of English literacy coupled with effective report writing skills
- Engineering software and computer literate
This is a career development opportunity where you will
- Join a growing consulting office of the world's leading energy service firm
- Have exposure to a diverse array of complex engagements in the energy industry
- Have an excellent opportunity for personal technical development through global network of Wood technical experts
- Receive One on One mentoring through the Wood mentoring program
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.