Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 80 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 20,000 team members and 600 locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , or YouTube .
We're looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Responsibilities
The Technical Sales Representative is responsible for the delivery of the annual revenue target agreed jointly by their Geozone Sales VP/Director & the Geozone Business Manager (GBM) for their particular Product Line(s). They will work in conjunction with the Geozone Sales Manager and GBM who is accountable for the operational execution that delivers the identified revenue. The role will be accountable for delivering an accurate revenue and margin forecast based on operational activity and expenditure plans by their customers. This is to be incorporated into the local Account Plan. They are responsible for providing a detailed product line strategy document (their input into the Account Plan) which is to be reviewed on a regular basis, quarterly as a minimum. This review will monitor performance and offer early indication of potential revenue gaps that the role will be responsible for addressing accordingly. They will offer support to and be supported by the Account Managers to ensure effective and efficient delivery of all sales processes; support for all customer engagement opportunities, opportunity management, contract handover and management of the contract review process. Quotation generation and tender response is a key job function. They shall, through liaison with Geozone Sales Manager, GBM and Account Managers qualify strategic business opportunities for introducing new technologies, products & services to both new and existing customers. The role proactively and strategically sells Weatherford tools, technologies and services within the defined Product Line segment but proactively seeks opportunities for cross product line selling and bundling.
- Responsible for adopting consistent & effective use of the available Technology (SFDC.com, XAIT-Porter)
- Follows up on leads & opportunities assigned to them - creates, updates & closes leads in SFDC
- Accountable for the technical review & commercial proposal using Xait-Porter, inc; initial pricing
- Oversees the tender development and response process, ensures all resources are available for highest quality submissions
- Liaise with Commercial Operations to ensure efficient and effective tender management inc negotiations
- Responsible for contract review in conjunction with the Account Manager to agree overall performance
- Develop strategic plans to strengthen WFT Identity by understanding customer/industry key objectives & aligning our Core Capabilities, assembling and disseminating market intelligence
- Oversees all areas of business risk and ensure strategies exist to mitigate these as much as possible
- Understands customer's needs and ensures products and services are marketed, positioned and understood by key decision makers in customer organizations.
- Responsible for responding to the Client Engagement Plan to enhance the profitability of the company through Weatherford provision of products and services to new & existing customers
- Proposes solutions to customers formally (through pitches, presentations & tender submissions) and informally through networks, relationships, discussions
- Responsible for the generation of annual revenue targets through the creation and conversion of account plans
- Drives Co alignment by ensuring the integration of all sales activities into a single client account plan
- 10 years of Weatherford / Industry technical / operational experience including 5 years sales experience.
- Degree in related field
- Collaborative team player
- Strong technical knowledge of the Oil & Gas industry especially in Completion products
- Management skills with ability to exercise initiative to resolve potential & actual problems
- Broad knowledge of the Weatherford sales process, policies, products & services
- Excellent communication skills
- Advanced computer and presentation skills with experience of delivering to internal and external clients
- Ability to understand and evaluate x-PL opportunities