Skills: Civil Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Location: St. Louis, Missouri, United States
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions (Wood) is seeking a motivated team member to fulfill the role of Senior Civil Engineer in the St. Louis, Missouri office. The selected candidate will have a minimum of 10 years' experience and will be able to effectively develop and manage projects. This exciting opportunity offers a growth position for an individual with an established track record as a Seller/Doer. Candidates should have a history of executing and managing large Civil projects for key clients and generating work for themselves and others. Typical projects include, but are not limited to infrastructure design, storm and sanitary sewer design, transportation design, structural design, site development and construction phase services. Candidates should be self-motivated, have experience with managing a team and a strong customer focus.
The candidate should possess a balanced portfolio of skills including strong technical expertise, experience in other aspects of consulting, including business development and business management interests, and demonstrated relationship-building abilities. This strategic role has responsibility for contributing to the growth of our design business across the Wood organization with focus on St. Louis, Missouri.
- Experience delivering projects up to $1,000,000 with demonstrated professional judgment, consistency, attention to detail, and quality work products
- Ability to generate backlog for themselves and others.
- Act as primary contact with clients, generate momentum sales and identify and pursue new business targets.
- Maintain cost awareness by all project personnel throughout all phases of project execution
- Prepare for and participate in periodic Project Reviews with senior management to evaluate and report on project performance and forecasting
- Lead proposal development efforts
- Work with and mentor junior and mid-level staff on environmental projects
- Work effectively with team members as well as independently
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering is required; Master's degree or higher will be considered an asset
- Registration as a Professional Engineer (PE) is required
- Minimum 10 years' practical experience in Civil Engineering
- At least 5 years' of project management experience
- Established client relationships and desire to grow network
- Demonstrated ability to manage, interface and communicate well at all levels
- Strong oral and written communication skills; experience preparing reports that demonstrate technical knowledge and compliance expertise
- Strong personal safety culture
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.