Skills: Facilities Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Carlsbad, New Mexico, United States
Looking for a long-term career opportunity? Come join Wood as a Facilities Engineer in Carlsbad, NM. Wood offers health benefits, 401k, vacation, LTD/STD and more. The successful candidate will be part of an integrated Engineering and Construction team responsible for the maintenance/ optimization/ troubleshooting of existing and construction of new facilities necessary to support a development program.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
- Provide day to day engineering and technical support to Operations team
- Lead facilities / operations engineering projects from conceptual design to installation and operation
- Provide engineering support to assure compliance with regulatory requirements
- Conduct debottlenecking and optimization studies in support of Operations
- Manage engineering design as determined by internal control standards, and effectively communicate any and all changes to the appropriate party.
- Identify hazards, best practices, evaluate state of the art equipment and practices, and incorporates sound engineering practices for the design and construction of new facilities.
Skills / Qualifications
- 5+ years of Facilities / Process engineering experience
- Self-driven, detailed, and goal oriented individual with the ability to manage multiple tasks with competing demands on resources.
- Ability to troubleshoot routine upstream mechanical/ production systems and components
- Understanding of applicable industry codes and ability to provide engineering designs as per internal and industry standards
- Strong project management skills including planning, scheduling and budget control
- Ability to communicate effectively and deal with internal groups, external suppliers, and vendors.
- Strong Environment, Health and Safety focus and commitment.
- Engineering Degree, Preferably Chemical or Mechanical
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.