ESP Systems Engineer
Are you passionate about Mechanical Design?
Do you enjoy providing support to your team?Partner with the best
As an ESP Systems Engineer you will focus on delivering ESP Systems that meet the market need, customer specifications and international industry standards. You will complete design documentation and be verify products to be fit for purpose. This position also provides manufacturing and supply chain support for manufacturability, control of non-conforming products and correct assembly/testing practices.
As an ESP Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for:
Fuel your passion
- Mechanical Design/Project Engineer in the ESP Systems Team for Artificial Lift Systems disciplines.
- Mechanical systems design for rotating equipment, fluid dynamics and fluid hydraulics, sealing systems for ESP's, coupling design, materials engineering, Design for Manufacturability, and Design for Reliability.
- Mechanical engineering design skills and the ability to develop a solid working knowledge of Electric Submersible Pumping systems are required. Structural/Mechanical load and pressure vessel calculations along with tolerance analysis will be common project requirements.
- Software skills using solid modeling, CAD, FEA (thermal and/or mechanical), Excel and other engineering design tools.
- Working individually and as part of a team to develop ESP Systems, test and evaluate equipment, and provide technical assistance as needed within the Engineering team with the primary focus to be on customer specific product development.
- Coordinating project work internally within the department and externally with other departments (Manufacturing, Manufacturing Engineering, Testing, Purchasing, Marketing, Accounting, etc.) to ensure on-time completion of projects within budget.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Mechanical or Systems Engineering preferred) with 5+ years of experience in Mechanical Design and Project Engineering
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Very detail oriented to verify design data
- Familiarity with Oil Field equipment design standards and practices
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent project management skills
Work in a way that works for you
- ESP experience
- Rotating equipment product design experience
- Siemens NX 3D modeling and ANSYS FEA skills
- Strong understanding of oil field well completion practices
- Strong oral and written communication skills with ability to interface with internal and external customers
- Must be capable of integrating activities of numerous departments/individuals and 3rd parties for the successful completion of projects
- Highly motivated, with ability to prioritize multiple projects with resource constraints while achieving project deliverables
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
Working with us
- Flexible work schedule with potential to work 2 days remotely.
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.