Skills: Supply Chain Management
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Wood currently has an exciting opportunity for a Manager - Supply Chain in our Power Solutions group. Reporting to the Project Delivery Manager, this position is in our Vancouver office. This role has overall responsibility for the leadership and management of the Supply Chain team providing all aspects of supply chain management including materials management, expediting, procurement, contracts, and reporting , always in strict accordance with Wood Supply Chain Code of Business conduct. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast-paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
Key accountabilities & responsibilities:
- Manages, directs, and supports others engaged in the full range of supply chain activities, while ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures, and relevant reporting requirements
- Ensures the competence and performance of all assigned supply chain personnel within their role.
- Accountable for the successful set up and delivery of all project supply chain processes, procedures, and activities
- Ensures all supply chain activities are carried out in accordance with the project execution plan/schedule and/or contracting strategy, within approved budgets and in line with project processes and procedures
- Ensures all supply chain activities are carried out in accordance with Wood Quality Control and Quality Assurance processes and procedures
- Prepare and issue the project specific procurement execution plan and/or contracting strategy, and contract schedule in line with project scope and schedule
- Establish and manage the project / procurement status report (PSR) in line with project / client required on site dates and current / estimate lead times, notifying any delays to the project manager
- Establish and chair regular PSR meetings with client, procurement, engineering and/or project management personnel to ensure dates for pre-order deliverables are being maintained
- Establishes priorities, assigns workloads, and reviews the more difficult and complex aspects of the supply chain workload
- Implement robust performance management and development plans for the team, ensuring any gaps are addressed and development and succession planning is managed effectively
- Promote safe working practices and always demonstrate safety leadership
- Act as a role model and champion Woods vision, values, and behaviors
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum 10 years' supply chain experience demonstrating results and progression to a similar management position
- Bachelor's degree or diploma in a relevant discipline
- Experience with public procurement processes for goods and services
- Experience with Power Transmission & Distribution Projects and BC Hydro is desirable
- Excellent English language communication skills, written, oral and presentation
- Maintains a strong network both within and outside of supply chain department
- Positively maintain relationships with suppliers, clients, and other disciplines
- Strategic thinker contributing to the management and improvement of the overall project
- Planning and organizational skills
- Enthusiastic proactive attitude providing inspiring leadership
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.