Would you like to be part of our Turbomachinery Process Solutions Product Line? Are you a Field Service Engineer looking for an interesting and inspiring opportunity? Join our Team!
Our Turbomachinery & Process Solutions team provides industry-leading products and services that optimize the extraction, production and processing of energy. We help a diverse range of customers across the value chain to reduce operating costs and improve productivity. Partner with the best
You will be responsible for technical direction and safe site leadership of onsite installation, operational maintenance, testing and startup activities on gas turbines.
As a Field Engineer - Mechanical Aeroderivatives , you will be responsible for: Essential Responsibilities
Qualifications / Requirements
- Provide direction and assistance to work groups in order to meet assigned objectives. In this role you will work within defined parameters to make decisions, apply concepts to issues of moderate complexity, and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning.
- Provide general technical direction and assistance to customers in the operation, maintenance, repair, safe handling and installation of GE/Baker Hughes products.
- Provide on-site interpretation of data and technical instruction.
- Provide technical assistance through on-site guidance and training in operations, maintenance, and troubleshooting techniques.
- Assist customers in scheduling maintenance and workload assuring that equipment and parts requirements meet established schedules.
- Make recommendations on findings, reviewing effectiveness of maintenance actions in order to identify future needs.
- Use initiative and experience to interpret and communicate significant market intelligence and sales opportunities for both assigned programs and ongoing customer support.
- Supervise the installation, maintenance and repair of mechanical components.
- Lead and execute disassembly, inspection and reassembly of aeroderivative gas turbines.
- Lead and execute unit start-up and performance tests ensuring proper and safe operation of the machine by evaluating the running parameters and troubleshoot mechanical issues as they arise.
- Ensure all in-field activities carried out safely complying with company Environmental Health and Safety guidelines and procedures. Provide direction and assistance to work groups to meet assigned objectives. In this role you will work within defined parameters to make decisions, apply concepts to issues of moderate complexity, and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning.
- Bachelor's degree from accredited university or college or 2 year technical diploma
- At least 4+ years of experience in field service or maintenance position.
- Ability to understand and implement technical drawings (Mechanical drawings, P&ID, General Arrangement, etc.)
- Strong knowledge in maintenance procedures for GE Aero Derivate Gas turbines and their auxiliaries.
- Strong knowledge in Gas turbines commissioning, troubleshooting and operation.
- Strong knowledge in field devices, instruments, motors and actuators.
- Experience leading people and crews for site activities.
- Good English fluency both spoken and written,
- Willingness and availability to travel worldwide 80% of the time.
Working with us
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Proficiency using excel and MS office.
- Ability to work effectively with minimum supervision
- Strong customer service mindset
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong project management skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other. Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient. Join Us
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you! About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.