Skills: IT - Software Development
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
This position provides engineering and technical support for the Company's technology development group. This support includes design and analysis for New Product Development and Sustaining Product Development as well as related project management. The primary responsibilities of this position are to develop innovative technology products that automate manual processes related to wellbore construction, develop digital software tools to optimize the drilling process, and monitor equipment health.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS:
- Engineer digital technology products from concept through detailed design in support of the innovation and technology development program.
- Develop work plans, schedules, and write and review project requirements.
- Develop system and product design information and formulate models and simulations to represent their performance.
- Develop software for control, simulation, and real-time monitoring of oil and gas operations.
- Develop physics-based software models
- Develop software applications (front-end and back-end)
- Provide technical support to other departments as required.
- Development of project work scopes, cost, and scheduling for projects.
- Develop, review, and participate in design FMEA and FMECA studies.
- Ensure projects are executed within budget and as scheduled.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
POSITION SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline is required. A Master's or Ph.D. is preferred.
- Should have at least 5 years of software development, and data science and analytics experience.
- Must be proficient with programming with R and/or Python, C++, or similar object-oriented language, related data science packages, and visualization tools such as Tableau or PowerBI
- Should have experience with developing Condition Based Maintenance systems (CBM)
- Have a working knowledge of wellbore construction processes such as drilling
- Have a working knowledge of cloud-based services and platforms such as Azure or AWS
- Must be a detail-oriented, self-starter and able to work with little supervision while maintaining goals/tasks
- Must have excellent PC skills to include MS Office products
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills and be able to effectively communicate with staff, management, customers, and vendors
- Must possess sound reasoning skills and have the ability to follow directions
The physical and mental demands must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Sit/stand while performing primarily sedentary work; Use repetitive wrist, hand or finger movements at a computer;
- Carry up to 10 lbs;
- Communicate with others in a clear and professional manner both orally and in writing to exchange information;
- Work as an integral part of a team with the ability to also work independently;
- Ability to work under pressure while maintaining both perspective and professional demeanor;
- Work in a fast-paced professional environment while sustaining attention with distractions and/or interruptions;
This position will typically work both remotely and in a climate-controlled building in the Houston, TX office
- Ensure personal behavior and work practices are in line with Company safety standards
- Responsible for safety of self and others in the vicinity to include, but not limited to, employees, suppliers, and guests
- Provide visible leadership engagement, be aware of housekeeping and take additional safety precautions to ensure no one is put at risk
- Do not take short cuts or unnecessary risks and actively work with others to ensure they take due care and do not put themselves or others at risk
- Ensure all incidents are reported and appropriately investigated in accordance with Company procedure
- As needed, seek advice from the HSE representative
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Parker Drilling is a global drilling company providing drilling services, project management and rental tools to the energy industry. Parker’s primary business segment is drilling services with 38 rigs in international locations and 19 rigs in the United States Gulf of Mexico.
The Company’s international rig fleet consists of barge rigs and related operations in the Caspian Sea, Nigeria and Mexico, as well as land rigs and related operations in a total of 15 countries. Parker’s U.S. rig fleet operates in the transition zone of the Gulf of Mexico.
Founded in 1934, the Company moved it headquarters to Houston, Texas from Tulsa, Oklahoma in September 2001. Customers include major, independent and national oil and gas companies. Quail Tools has four U.S. locations where it is a leading provider of specialized rental equipment for drilling and workover operations. Office and yard locations include New Iberia, Louisiana; Victoria and Odessa, Texas; and Evanston, Wyoming.