London, England, United Kingdom
London, England, United Kingdom
Skills: Civil Construction
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
As a Principal Road Safety Engineer in our Manchester Operational Safety Traffic Engineering team, you will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities. You will use your knowledge and experience of collision investigation and prevention and road safety audit and design to support the delivery of a wide range of road safety-related projects and activities, for various high profile clients across the UK.
• Degree qualified or equivalent, you will have experience as a Road Safety Engineer for road safety studies with the ability to contribute to the success of a range of high profile transport projects.
• Experience of minor works and highway design and the ability to develop road safety schemes through to detailed design.
• Chartered Engineer or equivalent (CEng; IEng; CMILT; TPP) or working towards chartered status.
• Approved Road Safety Audit Team Leader in accordance with GG119 for strategic network projects (Highways England; Welsh Government; Transport Scotland) including all mandatory requirements as detailed within the standard and a Member of Society of Road Safety Auditors (MSoRSA or FSoRSA) or eligible to achieve MSoRSA or FSoRSA.
• Holder of Certificate of Competency in Road Safety Audit (via a Highways England-approved route, currently TMS or SoRSA) or eligible to achieve this with no further experience or qualification. This is likely to require a minimum of 5-10 years' experience in highways.
• Understanding of Highways England's safety governance processes set out in GG104 and relevant PCF products specifically Safety Plan and Combined Safety and Hazard Log Report. Experience of the specific requirements for safety risk assessments in accordance with GG104.
• Strong working knowledge of Design Manual for Roads and Bridges (DMRB), Traffic Signs and General Directions (TSRGD) and accompanying Traffic Signs Manuals (TSM) and there uses, in particular the main design standards for links and junctions and design aspects affecting operational safety.
• Ability to develop signing strategies for both local and strategic road networks and the ability to design and review Temporary Traffic Management schemes.
• Experience in the design of cycle and NMU schemes in accordance with current standards, i.e. LTN 01/20
• Demonstrate a working knowledge and understanding of Traffic Regulation Orders (TRO's)
• Excellent leadership qualities and the ability to work both as part of a sophisticated multi-disciplinary team as well as possessing the ability to work independently to solve problems.
• Very high level of spoken and written English, specifically in highways-related terminology used in UK, and ability to describe and write complex issues clearly.
Growyour career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve,flourish, and succeed.
We clear the way for inventive thinking so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We're invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we're more connected, and if we are diverse, we're more creative.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.co.uk to view and access our roles.
As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.