Skills: Chemical Engineering, Mud Engineer / Drilling Fluids
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Milan, Italy
Wood is currently recruiting for a CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics) Engineer with extensive experience in the energy industry. The successful candidate will be required to demonstrate CFD knowledge acquired during education or first industrial experience, execute assigned scope of work, and support the developments of the well - established CFD business in the region. This position will report to the local CFD manager and the local Intelligent Operations Manager. The position will be based in our Milan office.
The successful candidate is required to perform CFD projects as part of the team and will be responsible for the delivery of projects. The successful candidate should demonstrate a previous experience using CFD tools either in academics or industrial environment. The ideal candidate should demonstrate strong knowledge in combustion and / or multiphase flow modelling.
- Assist in developments of the CFD team by performing CFD projects
- Responsible for the consultancy projects from proposal stage to delivery of final report with high standard and good client satisfaction
- Project management including monitoring of projects with an emphasis on delivery, schedule, and efficiency tracking
- Liaise and work with other discipline leads in order to develop the CFD business
- Liaise with third parties and clients as required
- Ensure that design methods, standards and data used conform with Client's requirements and / or those issued by Wood
- Be responsible for the checking or approval of process calculations in accordance with Wood quality assurance procedures
- Ensure a high standard of safety is achieved and Environmental and Quality Assurance procedures are followed
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's in chemical engineering or related field. Candidates with MSc, Meng or PhD will have an added advantage
- 3 - 5 years minimum experience in CFD simulations for oil and Gas Industry
- Experience with using Commercial CFD software, solid modelling and meshing for complex geometries
- Good understanding of combustion phenomena in fire heater is mandatory
- Good understanding of multiphase flows
- Good knowledge of fluid mechanics and heat transfer
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in Italian and English is mandatory
- Able to work in a team environment
- Possess good interpersonal skills and able to develop good client relationship
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.