Spokane, Washington, United States
Spokane, Washington, United States
Skills: Business Analyst, Financial Analyst
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Spokane, Washington, United States
Senior Rate Analyst
Organisation : Sustainability Services - Americas
ENGIE Impact delivers sustainability solutions and services to corporations, cities and governments across the globe. Comprised of existing and proven ENGIE Group businesses, ENGIE Impact brings together a wide range of strategic and technical capabilities, to provide a comprehensive offer to support clients in tackling their complex sustainability challenges from strategy to execution. Why join us ?
With 18 offices worldwide and headquarters in New York City, ENGIE Impact today has a portfolio of 1,000 clients, including 25% of the Fortune 500 Companies, across more than 1,000,000 sites. Uniting ENGIE Insight, Ecova UK, Red Engineering and the Advisory and Advanced Analytics division of Tractebel under a common umbrella, ENGIE Impact was created to engage with executives and organizational leaders to set tailored strategies and specific roadmaps to achieve their sustainability and zero-carbon objectives, across energy, water, waste and more, globally.
Ready to act Right Now, for Tomorrow?
A Sr. Rate Analyst is expected to accurately complete electric and gas rate analysis tasks for the most complex utility tariff structures. A Sr. Rate Analyst researches and understands the applicability of those rate structures to the Rates Analysis client base, develops and maintains mathematical rate models, completes detailed rate comparison calculations, and delivers maximum savings to ENGIE Impact clients in the form of identified rate savings opportunities.
Additionally, the Sr. Rate Analyst examines historical energy usage patterns for benchmarking purposes and usage and cost anomaly identification, and may be required to interpret published tax application language to optimize potential sales tax exemptions for Rates Analysis clients where applicable. The Sr. Rate Analyst must knowledgably act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the Rates Analysis products for internal and external clients as requested by the Manager. Sr. Rate Analysts are also called upon to be key contributors as well as owners of process maintenance and improvement initiatives, client tracking and scope of work verifications, and reporting tasks as needed.
Finally, Sr. Rate Analysts serve as mentors and facilitate training for Rate Analysts (RAs) and Associate Rate Analysts (ARAs) who are working to master the skills necessary to be promoted to Sr. Rate Analyst and Rate Analyst respectively.
Sr. Rate Analysts are expected to have CEP and/or CEM certification or be actively pursuing those certifications.
- Research and understand the applicability of the most complex electric and gas rate structures to the Rates Analysis client base.
- Develop, maintain, and utilize proprietary mathematical electric and gas rate models for major utilities with the most complex tariff structures in the rates analysis process for all clients.
- Assist the Rates Analysis Support Team with the implementation of recommended rate changes on behalf of RMO clients as needed.
- Manipulate large datasets of historical client usage data to effectively identify anomalies and savings and/or bill error credit opportunities. Approach every potential billing error with a strong, well-defined balance of analytic skill and creativity to generate the best possible resolution for the client.
- Analyze historical utility account information and current usage patterns to develop benchmarks for electricity, natural gas, and water/sewer consumption, and apply those metrics across the entire portfolio for multi-site clients.
- Investigate cost and usage anomalies to identify and resolve complex billing errors such as power factor issues, transformer and capacity charge overbillings, miscalculated sewer strength charges, errors in units of measure, incorrect meter multipliers, and mixed loads.
- Analyze and interpret tax language to optimize potential city, state, and sales tax exemptions, caps and incentives relative to the purchase of electricity and/or natural gas for Rates Analysis clients.
- Provide a regulated rates perspective and perform rates based "ad hoc" analysis in support of broader ENGIE Impact initiatives and other functional areas within ENGIE Impact, including Sales, Client Management, Energy Procurement, Advanced Analytics, and Operations as requested by the Manager.
- Represent the Rates Analysis products (Rates Monitoring and Optimization (RMO) and Historical Utility Bill Audit (HUBA)) as the SME in internal cross-functional discussions and meetings as requested by the Manager.
- Draft written, publishable content for internal and external clients, clearing communicating market, tariff, or other changes that may impact clients.
- Respond to highly technical product related client inquiries as presented by various internal groups as requested by the Manager.
- Assist in vetting potential Rates Analysis clients as requested by the manager.
- Assist in the development, maintenance, and enhancement of product specific processes, procedures, and toolsets for Rates Analysis products.
- Assist in the production of status quo product reporting and metrics as well as provide actionable insights and vision for the creation of new reporting and metrics as relevant and as needed.
- Fulfill Sr. Rate Analyst level departmental training requirements as outlined by the Rates Analysis Department Training Program.
- Assist in training and mentoring Rate Analysts (RAs) and Associate Rate Analysts (ARAs).
Do you tick all the boxes?
We are looking for talented and motivated people to create the future of sustainability transition. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity and help us meet the energy challenges of today and tomorrow.
- Four-year college degree in engineering, accounting, finance, economics, or business preferred (or equivalent certification or experience).
- CEP and/or CEM certification desirable
- Minimum of five years of experience in performing utility tariff analysis required.
- Highly proficient in mathematical modeling as it relates to utility tariff analysis.
- High degree of proficiency in MS Excel and/or MS Access required.
- Effective communication skills required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
- Additional Locations: North America-United States, North America-United States-Minnesota-St. Paul
- Posting Date: Mar 22, 2021