Skills: Operations Management, Planner / Scheduler
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Reading, England, United Kingdom
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Mobility Advisor to work in our Reading office on a permanent basis. The role will be reporting to the Mobility Manager - East. Wood works globally on projects for clients in the oil & gas, mining, clean energy and infrastructure markets. Our Mobility team plays a key role in supporting the business deploying more than 1,000 international assignees across 50 countries.
Reporting to the Mobility Manager, this role operates within a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities. This role delivers operational excellence in the provision of mobility services to all Business Units within Wood and entails close partnership with P&O and business teams along with other Global Mobility teams such as the Shared Service Centre.
This role ensures the successful delivery of the global mobility framework and procedure, including immigration, relocation and associated governance. This role is responsible for the day to day management of the assignment lifecycle and mobilisation process.
This role provides operational expertise in global mobility, with responsibility across specific geographical
locations and/or Business Units.
- Provide consultation, advice and a high level of customer service to the business and P&O teams on all aspects of the assignment lifecycle and Global Mobility. This includes assisting the business in understanding and applying the Global Mobility matrix, interpreting and applying recommendations from due diligence, assisting with the development of project terms, managing exceptions and on-going end-to-end assignment management and other mobility initiatives
- Work collaboratively with GM team members and key stakeholders to resolve day-to-day or critical mobility issues and to execute moves within agreed service levels and in compliance with business, legal, tax and commercial requirements
- Build and maintain strong, collaborative relationships with the business, P&O and Tax teams
- Build strong, collaborative relationships with the GM Shared Services team
- Manage activities, including those performed by third party suppliers related to the deployment
process, the ongoing assignment and redeployment where necessary
- Coordinate the provision of cost projections and assignment packages and documentation
- Process and obtain approvals on policy exceptions as and when deviations to policy are requested
- Provide subject matter expertise as required to the due diligence process in conjunction with the Global Mobility Manager
- Collaborate with GM Shared Services to ensure that changes in employee status, pay, benefits, promotions or any other adjustments are processed correctly and on time
- Provide ongoing operational support and administration for all international assignees within the designated area of responsibility
- Develop and maintain appropriate country information and checklists for all locations within the designated area of responsibility
- Manage and maintain the GM Assignment Management system and HRIS as required
Skills / Qualifications
- In-house mobility experience within a multinational organization is required
- Relevant industry experience is a plus. Exposure and experience in a company that manages expatriates via a Global Employment Company is very desirable
- Experience in managing / ownership of a large assignee population
- Strong knowledge of global mobility practices and assignment services
- Good knowledge of compensation and benefits, international payroll, immigration and assignment costings
- Basic understanding of expatriate taxation approaches
- Good appreciation of cross-border, risk & compliance issues and permanent establishments
- Strong communication skills and effective interpersonal skills
- Proven experience in providing advice to the business and the ability to explain technical aspects of mobility
- Global mobility risk
- Changing regulatory environment
- Current and future industry trends
- Personal attributes:
- Provide solutions and think creatively
- Generate credibility with customers through open and consistent communication
- Champion and drive the GM strategy and framework focused on improving quality and
- Foster a customer-focused culture that delivers on expectations and strengthens relationships
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.