Skills: Mechanical Engineering, Maintenance Engineer
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia
On behalf of our Mining Operator client, NES Fircroft are recruiting for an experienced Mechanical Maintenance Engineer for a 12-month contract role working an 8/6 roster FIFO from Perth, WA.
The successful Mechanical Maintenance Engineer will sit within the Maintenance Department of the Process Plant Facility, providing safe, effective, and timely shutdown to achieve maximum availability.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Being a safety leader and engage with personnel to drive a Zero Harm culture.
- Monitoring Asset Management KPI's, identify gaps in performance and recommend actions to resolve.
- Manage brownfield improvement projects, from design to installation including the associated budget.
- Providing technical input into process improvements, future upgrades, Breakdowns & Maintenance outages.
- Engage with key team stakeholders when facilitating all improvement projects.
- Conduct RCA's & implement remedial actions to prevent reoccurrence.
Qualifications and skills required:
- Mechanical Engineering Degree, with 3 years' experience.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in Heavy industry experience preferably in Fixed Plant Ore Processing.
- Experience working on multiple Brownfield improvement projects.
- Manage design and fabrication contractors.
- A strong knowledge of Conveyors, Cone Crushers, Sizers & Screening machinery is highly desirable.
- Experience in conducting RCA's
- Defect Elimination & strong communication skills
- Experienced in SAP is advantages.
- Prior experience working within operational teams on site is essential
- Minimum C class drivers' licence
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.