Skills: Structural Engineering
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking an Intermediate Structural Engineer to join our team in Richmond Hill, ON.
We are looking for a well-rounded individual who can deliver high quality results to deadline as well as leverage his/her strong communication skills to build meaningful relationships with all levels of professionals (withing Wood, Project Partners and Clients).
You may independently develop and coordinate the work of the structural design team throughout the design development/contract document and construction phases of a project. Project types are typically varying and include industrial and commercial building structures, water and wastewater facilities, transportation-related vertical facilities, such as transit stations and maintenance facilities. More specifically, your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Travel to the construction sites to conduct Structural inspections and prepare reports;
- Designing underground and above ground Transit buildings, industrial and commercial structures (structural steel, reinforced concrete, composite members, reinforced masonry, and pre-cast concrete);
- Utilizing structural modeling software for analysis and being able to interpret the output data for the development of structural design;
- Review, design development and mark-up of construction drawings for foundations, columns, roof framing, floor framings, walls, pits, slabs with required sections and details;
- Coordinating engineering work schedules;
- Client liaison and relationship management;
- Establishing solid working relationships with team members, engineers, architects, project managers and stakeholders;
- Prepare specifications, contract documents, and preparing engineering progress reports;
- Reviewing project documents for technical accuracy and competency;
- Ensuring design conforms with all applicable codes and client standards.
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering and Registration as a Professional Engineer in the Province of Ontario with a good standing with the PEO;
- Minimum of eight (8) years of progressively responsible applicable experience (5 years after obtaining PEO) in Structural analysis and design of reinforced concrete and steel structures or directly related activities utilizing the required technical skills;
- Previous work experience with an engineering consulting firm;
- Detailed knowledge of OBC and NBC codes as well as CSA S16-01, A23.1-4 and ACI;
- Field compliance evaluation of structural and geotechnical elements;
- Detailed knowledge of structural modeling and Sound experience of working with STAAD-Pro, S-Frame, SAFE and ETABs software;
- Detailed knowledge and skill with calculation tools including Excel and MathCAD;
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal English communication skills (proficiency in effectively communicating complex engineering issues internally and externally as required.
- Experiences in preparation of written technical documents; condition assessment reports, predesign reports, design briefing reports, presentations, technical proposals and specifications is essential;
- Working knowledge of CAD software such as BIM/Revit, MicroStation, AutoCAD;
- Well organized, self directed work habits with a demonstrated ability to prioritize and schedule tasks managing multiple assignments simultaneously;
- Strong ability to work as a team player, create a positive environment and mentor junior staff.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.