Skills: Materials Management
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Richmond, California, United States
Are you looking for a long-term career opportunity? Come join Wood as we are looking for Material Handler in Richmond, CA. Wood offers full time medical benefits, 401k, vacation, LTD/STD and much more.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
Receive and count stock items, and record data manually or using computer.
- Pack and unpack items to be stocked on shelves in stockrooms, warehouses, or storage yards.
- Verify inventory computations by comparing them to physical counts of stock and investigate discrepancies or adjust errors.
- Store items in an orderly and accessible manner in warehouses, tool rooms, supply rooms, or other areas.
- Mark stock items using identification tags, stamps, electric marking tools, or other labeling equipment.
- Clean and maintain supplies, tools, equipment, and storage areas in order to ensure compliance with safety regulations.
- Keep records on the use and/or damage of stock or stock handling equipment.
- Examine and inspect stock items for wear or defects, reporting any damage to supervisors.
- Provide assistance or direction to other stockroom, warehouse, or storage yard workers.
- Determine proper storage methods, identification, and stock location based on turnover, environmental factors, and physical capabilities of facilities.
Skills / Qualifications
- Verbal and written communication skills, analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Team player and detail oriented.
- Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 2-3 years of warehouse experience required.
- Forklift experience required
- Forklift Certification Preferred
- Valid Driver's License required
- Local candidates required to Bay Area
- General computer skills preferred
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.