Skills: Energy / Commodity Trading, LNG
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
At Eni, we are looking for a Senior LNG Trader, for Eni Global Energy Markets (EGEM) in London to seek out physical trading opportunities and profitably trade around and optimise Eni's short term LNG portfolio, utilising the flexibilities inherent in sales, supply and shipping contracts.
You'll be involved in all aspects of the deal lifecycle, including but not limited to pricing, execution, documentation, P&L analysis, hedging and risk management, and post-trade operations.
Starting from 1 January 2021, EGEM is active in the international trading of gas, power, CO2 (as a single interface between Eni and the markets), LNG and oil derivatives. It is a global, integrated approach designed to make the most of Eni's network of contacts and wide asset portfolio. In turn, EGEM helps to optimise the management of Eni's assets, promoting collaboration within the organisation and devising advanced risk-management solutions. EGEM enhances Eni's unique position as a European leader in the gas sector, acting as a specialised hub for trading and commodity risk management.
Eni has a substantial and growing LNG supply portfolio, with global reach. The current 5.5Mtpa portfolio is expected to double in size over the next five years, with growth coming predominantly from Eni's own upstream assets.
As a member of EGEM you will be responsible for:
- Devising trading strategies where risk/reward is clearly identified;
- Developing a deep understanding of Eni's LNG portfolio, working closely with the Portfolio Manager in order to extract maximum value from the flexibility embedded within the portfolio;
- Ensuring full coverage of the universe of potential LNG counterparties across the Atlantic Team, prioritising high value names with more obvious synergies with the Eni Portfolio;
- Development and training of more junior team members, imparting knowledge and sharing industry contacts;
- Reporting regularly to senior management on market developments, trading decisions and strategy, P&L moves, budgeting and medium term strategy;
- Establishing relationships with colleagues from related teams (Origination, Portfolio Optimisation and Pricing team, Shipping, Gas, Carbon, Power, Oil Trading, Upstream LNG & gas production, and all support functions) to understand physical/contractual market constraints that may impact trading and to shape a wider market view;
- Counterparty on-boarding, MSPA negotiations, production of term-sheets/Confirmation Notices, internal and external presentation material;
- Attending and presenting at relevant conferences;
- Working closely with Middle Office regarding risk reporting, methodology, and P&L;
- Modelling trading economics for spot and mid-term opportunities;
- Providing direction to the Market Analytics team in order to maximise their positive contribution to trading decisions, and to enhance the in-house LNG trade flow model;
- Helping to shape the team's market view using information gathered from a wide spectrum of sources, and contributing ideas to the Financial Trading book to maximise revenues;
- Identifying and analysing potential mid-term opportunities in order to grow the Eni LNG portfolio, collaborating with midstream Supply and Sales when appropriate.
This is the opportunity for you if you have these skills and requirements :
- Experience in LNG trading, ideally in a company with substantial LNG assets;
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills;
- Highly motivated, with a drive to identify greenfield business opportunities;
- Strategic thinking, decisiveness and risk awareness;
- Well-organised and good attention to detail;
- Result oriented approach and ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines;
- Excellent communication and influencing skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills with a high level of flexibility and open mindedness;
- Proven ability to build and develop relationships with external customers;
- Willingness to travel;
- Full command of English (written and spoken) language and knowledge of other languages will be beneficial.
At Eni, people are the key to our success, which is why our values are focused on diversity, and lifelong learning.
Eni evaluates applications regardless of candidates' personal and cultural characteristics or orientations. If your application is among those most in line with the required profile, you will be contacted to continue the selection process .
Together we have greater energy.
Welcome to Eni – and your future with a dynamic global business that operates across the entire energy supply chain. Eni’s 30,000 employees can be found on virtually every continent. Throughout the 67 countries we operate in, we work on some of the most significant energy projects in the world.
Our activities span oil and natural gas exploration, field development and production, as well as the supply, trading and shipping of natural gas, LNG, electricity, fuels and chemical products.
We’ve grown dramatically since our beginnings in 1953, but we’ve stayed true to our roots in many ways. Today we may be one of the largest companies in Italy and among the world’s most successful oil and gas companies in exploration, but our culture remains genuinely people-focused. Our values of respect, integrity and sustainability guide every aspect of our operations.
As for the future, we’re adapting to rapidly shifting market conditions as we complete our transformation into a fully integrated oil and gas company. Through our strong commitment to digitalisation and decarbonisation, Eni will continue to create sustainable value within this changing energy landscape.
We’re not only one of the world’s most successful energy companies — we pride ourselves on being a dynamic and exciting place to work as well. If you join us, you’ll play a key role in shaping the energies of the future.
At Eni you’ll enjoy a progressive, inclusive and forward-thinking environment, and a wide range of benefits and rewards. We care about our people's growth, which is why we invest in talent and offer development pathways to give everyone the same opportunity to flourish with us.
Reasons to join us
- Take on exciting challenges: Eni's focus is on big and ambitious projects. You'll take on challenging but rewarding work to help us extract energy at depths never reached before.
- A multicultural working environment: You’ll join a dynamic setting with cutting-edge facilities, the latest technology, and a rich and interesting mix of people from all backgrounds and specialisms.
- Make a difference in the world: Our purpose extends further than supplying energy to power the world. Sustainable development and respect for the environment is at the heart of everything that we do.
- Training and career growth: We provide training opportunities at the highest standard and encourage self-development, both in a personal capacity and a professional one.
- Compensation and incentive programmes: We reward you for your commitment and success through our competitive compensation policy, which is bespoke to each location’s local regulations.
- Pension programmes: Depending on your location, you could enrol in one of our contributory pension programmes.