Skills: Accounting, Financial Analyst, Financial Audit
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Some College
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Nabors Industries owns and operates one of the world's largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a provider of offshore drilling rigs in the United States and multiple international markets. Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools, and innovative technologies for its own rig fleet and those of third parties. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors' highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
Nabors is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibiting discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, religion, age, color, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. To learn more about our Fair Employment practices, please refer to the Nabors Code of Conduct.
The role reports directly to the VP of Tax and is responsible for the worldwide income tax provision, domestic compliance, and U.S. tax planning. Technical skills, team development, process improvement, and stakeholder management will be integral to success as the Tax Director will be expected to work with senior internal and external stakeholders, as well as develop and lead the tax accounting team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage preparation of the quarterly and year-end tax worldwide income tax provision.
- Manage external audit of quarterly and year-end worldwide income provision by financial statement auditor.
- Responsible for income tax budgets and forecasts.
- Ensure that the group's tax accounting processes, documentation and related systems are in compliance with Sarbanes Oxley internal control requirements.
- Manage in-house preparation of consolidated U.S. federal income tax returns and state income tax returns.
- Manage U.S. federal and state income tax audits.
- Manage team of three tax professionals. Develop and lead the team, including mentoring, continued development of technical skills, and maintaining and enhancing team dynamics.
- Manage external advisors as necessary.
- Coordinate with international tax team to ensure foreign tax provisions are completed timely and accurately for inclusion in the worldwide tax provision.
- Research and document positions taken by the Company in the tax provision and income tax returns, including but not limited to analysis of tax technical issues, uncertain tax positions, valuation allowance, and APB 23.
- Analyze business arrangements to determine tax consequences and recommend tax-efficient structures if available.
- Assist to identify, analyze and implement tax planning opportunities
- Degree in accounting with a Masters in Tax preferred.
- CPA is required.
- 10+ years experience with Big 4 public accounting and/or multinational corporate tax department with extensive experience in accounting for income taxes and U.S. tax compliance.
- Extensive knowledge of PC software (Excel, Word) and tax preparation software.
- Experience with OneSource tax provision software.
- Experience with Oracle and Hyperion.
- Self-starter, highly motivated, and accountable.
- Enjoys working with people to achieve outstanding results.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written).
- Strong organization and documentation skills.
- Detail oriented and sensitive to meeting deadlines
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
Today, Nabors owns and operates the world’s largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a leading provider of offshore platform workover and drilling rigs in the United States and numerous international markets. With operations in 28 countries, Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools and innovative technologies throughout many of the most significant oil and gas markets. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors’ highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
As of April 16, 2018, Nabors’ assets include:
- 407 land drilling rigs
- 31 offshore platform rigs