Company: NES Fircroft
Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Beaumont, Texas, United States
JOB SUMMARY / OVERVIEW:
The Mechanical Integrity Engineer responsibilities are the execution and administration of all aspects of the plant's Quality and Mechanical Integrity program by working with the quality, production, logistics and management personnel. This role may be responsible for the day-to-day activities of monitoring the compliance of internal quality systems, executing routine and non-routine inspections of primarily Static Equipment and facilitation of quality performance awareness and improvement throughout the plant.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and competencies.
• Understands, follows, and enforces all established policies, procedures, and recognized practices for the QA of the plant.
• Understands welding applications and requirements for new construction and repairs.
• Working knowledge of metallurgical requirements based on applicable codes and standards.
• Develop repair plans based on applicable codes and standards.
• Participates in plant staff, shift, Maintenance, QA safety meetings.
• Develop and maintain and implement site QA policies and procedures required to meet API and PSM compliance.
• Implements, executes and monitors inspection plans and systems to ensure compliance to plant specifications, elimination of defects and improvement of performance.
• Communicates with customers and suppliers regarding quality issues, sampling, new product development and ongoing improvement efforts.
• Verify materials, part, and final products through independent checks, audits, and inspections.
• Maintains measuring and test equipment, including calibration and recommendations for replacements as needed.
• Conduct formal equipment audits.
• Supports the ongoing development of the Mechanical Integrity Program.
• Present a professional image at all times to clients and vendors and maintain a positive reputation of the company.
• Follow all relevant company policies and procedures.
• Assists other Departments and other administrative personnel, as necessary.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, AND/OR REGISTRATIONS
• None required.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND/OR TRAINING
• Associates degree in Mechanical Technology, Industrial Technology or related discipline required.
• Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering preferred.
• Minimum ten (10) years' experience in an industrial or chemical manufacturing setting required.
At least four of the following certifications preferred:
a. Certified Welding Inspector
b. ASNT Level II Certification
c. API 510 Pressure Vessel Inspector Certification
d. API 570 Piping Inspector Certification
e. API 653 Above Ground Tank Inspector Certification
f. Infra Red Thermography Inspection Certification
At least four of the following ASNT Level II certifications preferred:
g. Dye Penetrant Testing
h. Magnetic Particle Testing
i. Radiographic Film Interpretation
j. Ultrasonic Testing
k. Visual Testing
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Problem Solving/Analysis.
• Results Driven.
• Communication Proficiency.
• Technical Capacity.
• Teamwork Orientation.
• Strong leadership and mentoring skills.
• Strong analytical and project management skills.
• Working knowledge of budgets, forecasting and metrics.
• Effective presentation skills.
• Demonstrated skills in effective oral and written communication.
• Customer service.
• Ability to apply knowledge of materials management concepts and techniques
• Project management skills - ability to perform sound analyses on projects. SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
TOOLS / EQUIPMENT
• Copy Machine
• Telephone system
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, and Outlook required.
• Maximo experience preferred.
• Ability to lift 20 lbs. occasionally.
• Ability to sit for prolonged amounts of time required.
• Ability to effectively communicate through various means required.
• Majority of work is performed within an office environment, including office equipment - such as computers, telephones, and copiers.
• Requires passing by industrial equipment on way to office.
• Requires exposure to the field.
• Noise levels are typically moderate.
• Regular 40-hour work week, normal duty hours as assigned.
• May work longer hours to meet deadlines, as necessary.
• May be assigned night shift as required based on work load.
• Less than 10% of the time.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.