Skills: Environmental Engineer
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Chelmsford, Massachusetts, United States
Wood Environmental & Infrastructure Solutions' Chelmsford, MA or Providence, Rhode Island office is seeking a Civil / Environmental Engineer in Training to support projects involving site civil design including planning, engineering design, permitting, and construction oversight on various site civil design on stormwater, grading, utilities, roadway projects. Wood offers a flexible work at home / in office schedule that meets both employee and company / client needs.
- Perform routine aspects of engineering design work requiring knowledge and application of basic engineering principles, practices, and techniques commonly employed in the site development process
- Participate in planning and scheduling for assigned projects
- Use computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks
- Prepare environmental permit applications
- Develop erosion and sediment control designs and Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans for construction sites
- Support engineering projects with field data collection, analysis, and preliminary design
- Support engineering projects with construction oversight and inspection
- Drainage analysis using HydroCAD
- Provide Civil Engineering Design / Support of projects as needed and assigned
Skills / Qualifications
- BS in Civil or Environmental Engineering
- 0-3 years of experience report writing, field assessments, planning, design and permitting
- Engineer-In-Training (EIT) or Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) certification
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products
- 0-3 years' experience working experience with AutoCAD/Civil 3D software and HydroCAD or Hydraflow.
- Demonstrated professional judgment, quality, consistency, and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational abilities and flexibility in responsibilities
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team with the ability/desire to lead tasks
- Ability and willingness to travel to project sites in New England Area
- Must pass drug test, physical, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER Training an asset
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.