ENGIE are recruiting for a Solutions Manager to be based in either Leeds or London with national coverage. This is a permanent, full-time role working 37.5 hours per week. On offer is a competitive salary, company vehicle or allowance, bonus and benefits package.
The Solutions Manager will have the primary focus of delivering low carbon and energy solutions that include asset-based deals for our clients. The role will be responsible for the development and implementation of strategies to minimise energy and carbon use in regions, commercial buildings and across Commercial sites.
Due to the nature of the business development pipeline, this role may also be required to support other sectors (Industrial, Corporate, Public, P&C) where there are strong demand for opportunities and therefore the ability to manage time, cross functional working and resources effectively will be key.
The Solutions Manager will support the Head of Solutions to effectively manage opportunities from conception through to delivery. They will be responsible for supporting the Net Zero Development Team in building client relationships, developing the optimum solution to inform our win strategy, developing and motivating technical teams, forming effective partnerships with external consultants, suppliers and partners - ultimately taking accountability for the overall technical and commercial solution presented to clients.
The Solutions Manager will also support projects that are handed over to the relevant Projects Team.
The Solutions Manger will also ensure compliant delivery of services and energy saving guarantees on embedded energy contracts. What is your day to day?
Who are you?
- Driving the smooth delivery of the low carbon and energy solutions team across Engie UK providing outstanding leadership to team members, to maximise work productivity and quality
- Supporting effective team and project management, including project completion timelines, project costs and profitability, and ensuring client needs are met
- Effective dynamic business planning to adjust and respond to changing client needs whilst maintaining business performance and growth
- Proactively build client relationships to maintain a strong repeatable pipeline
- Training new starters and the wider Engie Organisation in Energy and Carbon Solution understanding
- Compliance with ENGIE governance processes
- Provide Industry thought leadership and representing the Energy and Carbon Solutions Team at Industry events.
- Technical expertise in implementing energy solutions, and a firm understanding of building, commercial or industrial and manufacturing engineering services
- Engineering or equivalent science degree
- Chartered Engineer
- Chartered Energy Manager
- ESOS Lead Assessor
- Health & Safety
- Strong leadership, communication, teamwork, and problem-solving skills.
- At least 5 years of applicable experience with strong interpersonal, leadership, and time management skills.
- Proven competence within the field of Energy Management and carbon reduction.
- Liaising with and presenting cases to customers at a high level.
- Knowledge of the regulatory environment in which ENGIE customers are working (including CCL, PPC, EUETS, CRC etc).
- Good understanding of the energy, climate change and/or the sustainability sector
- A result orientated individual who relishes challenges and being around people
- Articulate, innovative and challenging mindset with strong collaborative style
- Proven ability to develop and maintain deep pipeline of sales opportunities
Please note, successful applicants will be required to pass a DBS check for this role. Who are we?
ENGIE is a leading energy and services company focused on three key activities: production and supply of low carbon energy, services and regeneration.
We combine these activities to enable our customers & stakeholders to embrace a greener, more efficient and increasingly digital world.
Our purpose is to make zero carbon happen for businesses and communities throughout the UK & Ireland - accelerating the transition towards a net zero carbon world. Our 17,000 employees make this possible by reducing energy consumption, greening supply and enabling progress through innovative technology, data & partnerships. We are also shaping the future of responsible business by reconciling economic performance with a positive impact on people and the planet.
Globally, the ENGIE Group employs 170,000 people worldwide and achieved revenues of €60.1 billion in 2019.
For more information about ENGIE, please visit:
For this role, you must have evidence of the right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community. Certain roles may require applicants to undergo a Disclosure check, as noted in the role requirements. ENGIE has a written policy on the recruitment of ex-offenders, which is made available to all DBS applicants upon request. A copy of the DBS code of practice can be found here .
The ENGIE Resourcing Team supports this job advert. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.
- Posting Date: Apr 16, 2021